hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NetHackDS v1.12a
Roguelike designed for DS

Very large update to brettk's Nethack port, with a massive changelog (including custom key bindings). Download and full changelog below.

[title:Changelog]Update: Version 1.12a Released.

Sorry about this. Turns out, there was a bug in the command window code that only just got exposed, probably as a consequence of some code reorg.

Version 1.12 Released.

* Support binding R+[Up, Down, Left, Right].
* Support binding the map panning functions to keys, just like any other command.
* Support binding extended commands to keys.
* The map can now be panned by tapping-and-dragging with the stylus.
* Faster text rendering in menus, text windows, etc.
* Implemented a clone of hpmon.
* Added menucolors support.
* Changed the palette files so they're plain text, rather than packed binary.
* Fixed a bug where one couldn't enter additional chorded commands until the chord key (R or L) was released.
* Fixed a couple tap-and-hold bugs in the command window.
* Various keyboard mode fixes and enhancements
o F1 now enters key config mode.
o Fixed bug where you couldn't toggle the keyboard off when holdmode and cmdwindow were both disabled.
o Arrow buttons on the keyboard are now mapped to movement keys (this also works with number_pad mode).
* Fixes for number_pad mode:
o Setting number_pad in defaults.nh no longer causes NHDS to crash.
o Direction keys in key config mode are mapped to the number keys if number_pad is on.
o Repeat commands are triggered with 'n' if number_pad is on.

Note, one of the effects of the above changes is it's now possible to remap R+[Up, Down, Left, Right] to the various diagonals without losing any functionality (since the map can still be panned with the stylus). But, of course, the default configuration remains the same.

And, yet again, this version will reset your keybindings. For this I apologize… but I'm not motivated enough to properly deal with backward compatibility.
smile.gif
Though, I am expecting this to be the last time this happens.

Lastly, to upgrade to this version, you'll need to either:

1. Unpack the archive over the old installation, or
2. Ensure you replace NetHackDS.nds, map.pal, and install text.pal.

And, really lastly (no, seriously), if you try to build from source, menucolors support requires a DS port of PCRE, the source for which I'll be posting shortly.

Oh, and just to make it clear, I am not part of the DevTeam! There have been a couple places where it's been reported that NHDS is being produced by the DevTeam, and this is not the case (well, aside from the fact that NHDS wouldn't exist without the DevTeam's fantastic efforts). IOW, don't blame them for my shoddy work.
smile.gif

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

abcd1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bah, yet another hotfix release. Version 1.12b is now out, fixing a palette bug that snuck by that affected 16-colour tile mode.

abcd1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What, me again? Why, yes! And you guessed it, I'm here to announce that 1.12c is out! How thrilling, I know. This is another bugfix release, to resolve a redraw problem that surfaced in dark rooms, etc, related to tiles being erased.

abcd1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've got version 1.13 out the door. This is a somewhat more incremental update, adding:

* a saved game selection menu (assuming you don't have a name set in defaults.nh).
* a new movement scheme, suggested by a fellow named Mesh, called triggermode (see the website for details).
* the inclusion of http://bilious.homelinux.org/?296, by default off, enabled with the mapcolors option.

UPDATE:

Make that 1.13a. Left some debugging code in that broke the power management stuff... woo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1