Gaming Netflix On CFW

adrian226

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, is there any chance to download from somewhere a Netflix app and install it on hacked cfw WIIU ? I tired to search it on WiiU_USB_Helper but without any success but i find there other similar apps like "Hulu", "Amazon" etc but no netflix. :(

Last edited by adrian226,

adrian226

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
..Then update your system? Install Haxchi or something so you can use the eShop?
I don't own a Wii U but I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do
hmm thought i need to avoid system updates ? I have installed newest Haxchi. U saying eshop should work with cfw ?

adrian226

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
On the Wii U, as long as you don't have CBHC (If you don't know what that is, don't worry about it for now), it is safe to update to 5.5.2.
Ok how i can check if i had installed CBHC ? Coz im not rly sure if i didnt installed it in past -.- and if i dont have it installed then i need to unblock dns etc. and just update the console now ?

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok how i can check if i had installed CBHC ? Coz im not rly sure if i didnt installed it in past -.- and if i dont have it installed then i need to unblock dns etc. and just update the console now ?
Does your console autoboot to Haxchi? Or do you have to run the Haxchi title on the system menu?

adrian226

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hmm thought i need to avoid system updates ? I have installed newest Haxchi. U saying eshop should work with cfw ?
damn idk what i just did xD but now when i start console then it autostart Hombrew lanucher and when i click home button it move me to mii. What the hell i did and how to fix this ? And i can run HB App Store from there and i see i have "Installed CBHC" Before my console was autobot i think, when it start up there was something "Autoboting DS title etc"

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC is perfectly compatible with 5.5.2, don't know where this idea came from.

That is how homebrew works on Wii U, it is injected into the Mii channel. just exit the Mii. when you see "Autobooting" when booting the console, press the home button and choose autoboot and set it to "System Menu" which will autoboot to the menu with CBHC CFW running.

Last edited by kehkou,

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i should update my console with CBHC installed, then go eshop and download Netflix ? :)
Bingo! Just confirm again you have CBHC installed, and a title on your menu that says "DO NOT TOUCH!", that is the hacked DS title.

And just incase it doesn't go without saying:

DO NOT DELETE THE HACKED DS TITLE, DO NOT MOVE IT TO USB, AND DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FACTORY RESET THE CONSOLE OR DELETE THE ACCOUNT OR UNLINK THE NNID ASSOCIATED WITH THE DS TITLE, OR YOU WILL BRICK!!!!

Reactions: adrian226

adrian226

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bingo! Just confirm again you have CBHC installed, and a title on your menu that says "DO NOT TOUCH!", that is the hacked DS title.

And just incase it doesn't go without saying:

DO NOT DELETE THE HACKED DS TITLE, DO NOT MOVE IT TO USB, AND DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FACTORY RESET THE CONSOLE OR DELETE THE ACCOUNT OR UNLINK THE NNID ASSOCIATED WITH THE DS TITLE, OR YOU WILL BRICK!!!!
Yea i confirm that. Got this title "Do Not Touch"

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i confirm that. Got this title "Do Not Touch"
Then update should be fine, then you can get Netflix from eshop.

For future reference, you can get official Wii U and 3DS software from Nintendo's servers with a Windows computer using a program called Wii U USB Helper. and install them with an SD card and WUP Installer GX2.

adrian226

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Love you man ! Finally downloaded Netflix for my 5 year old daughter and nothing bad happened to console after the update. Thx again !

Reactions: Chuardo

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In general, i don't recommend updating... We don't know if Big N will patches one day Haxchi...
You could have used NNU-Patcher (From the Homebrew Launcher [Download it via HBAppStore if not present]) & after that launched the eShop in 5.5.1...
(Don't worry if you did but, in the future don't do updates anymore....)

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait. Is this for real? I cannot do a factory reset on my system once I installed CFW on it?

Is it just for CBHC, or is regular Haxchi affected by this as well? I'm running regular Haxchi only.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. Is this for real? I cannot do a factory reset on my system once I installed CFW on it?

Is it just for CBHC, or is regular Haxchi affected by this as well? I'm running regular Haxchi only.
Cold-Boot Haxchi (CBHC, specifically, the hacked DS title) is basically your "system menu" when you install it. The console calls CBHC every time it needs to return to the menu, then CBHC loads the menu itself with patches. When you delete the title, you're deleting your "system menu". No Menu=Brick. If you really need to format the system or do any of the other said actions with CHBC, there is an uninstaller for CBHC. Regular Haxchi doesn't suffer this condition, since you need to call Haxchi yourself by launching the hacked DS title. Deleting regular haxchi or unlinking the NNID to it will just lose you access to offline homebrew.

Last edited by kehkou,

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cold-Boot Haxchi (CBHC, specifically, the hacked DS title) is basically your "system menu" when you install it. The console calls CBHC every time it needs to return to the menu, then CBHC loads the menu itself with patches. When you delete the title, you're deleting your "system menu". No Menu=Brick. If you really need to format the system or do any of the other said actions with CHBC, there is an uninstaller for CBHC. Regular Haxchi doesn't suffer this condition, since you need to call Haxchi yourself by launching the hacked DS title. Deleting regular haxchi or unlinking the NNID to it will just lose you access to offline homebrew.
Oof! Less worried now.

Don't mind using regular Haxchi, and I'm not so tech-savvy, so I'll keep at it. Thanks for the info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: gn