Netflix doesn't work on VWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by steveroo, Dec 28, 2014.

1. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    error code 205540 this software is not available on the wii u console

shame, I don't care for the Wii U version of Netflix

2. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    Is it because of no profile support?

Do you have a regular Wii? Latest Netflix version is 2040, you could use a Wii to download the app and then use an app like Bluedump to pack it into a wad and install it on your vWii. You can use NUSD to download it as well but iirc it doesn't let you pack it into a wad. Title ID is 0001000148434C45.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    What display are you using? The Wii does not output HD.

I have Netflix on at least half a dozen devices in my house and don't care for the interface on any of them. I use sites like Instawatcher for finding content and adding it to my queue. There are others.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  4. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    My internet isn't fast enough for high definition, that's why I'm okay with virtual wii's netflix. I tried 2 different netflix apps and both said I needed to update. The closest I got to using netflix, I selected update and it sent me to type in a code on a browser to confirm I was human then I got the error saying I couldn't use virtual wii for netflix. I'll try and figure out how to have a blue dump and drop a .wad. Thanks for your help Supersonic for your help.

5. rip-it-up

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester
    I must admiit I would like this to work in vwii. (or at least the current wiiU one updated.) I have 2 wiiU and only one gamepad. I would love to use the wii remote on one, Its a waste that the screen is always on.

steveroo likes this.
  6. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    I used bluedump on my regular wii and saved my netflix app. I had problem installing the packed .wad on the vwii with multi-mod manager.

7. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    exactly! The gamepad always on, no wiimote support and I have to go to a second screen to select episodes is why I detest the wii u netflix.

why two wii u's?

8. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    Did you patch it with bluedump? Otherwise the wad is only installable on the console the wad was created with.
    When you select backup wad, it will ask to fakesign the ticket and then the TMD, just agree to fakesign the ticket.

MarcusArthuriel likes this.
  9. rip-it-up

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester

Because I only paid £50 for the console (new)
    Bought A faulty wiiU aswell for £60. sold the working gamepad for £80,faulty wii U console for £40 and kept both power supplys.

Already had a launch day wiiU aswell.
    Shame I have gone more digital now after redeeming the 10 free games with the mario kart 8 promo so i only really use my main wii u.
    The other wiiU I put downstairs, I was planning on using it for vwii etc but i never have the time. And my sister uses it mostly for netflix so I normally game with the pro or wii remote.

10. Pepois

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Netflix works perfectly in both Wii U and vWii.

Pepois

11. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    I tried alpha 3 fakesigning version and I get the same error.

MarcusArthuriel likes this.
  12. MarcusArthuriel

MarcusArthuriel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2013
    Hormigueros
    I'm also having the same problem. I agreed to fakesign the ticket and TMD via bluedump and my Wii U still refuses to install it :/. Netflix app is the most recent one on my original Wii. I honestly don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong :/

EDIT! I got it to work. My old Wii's eShop wasn't showing any available updates for the Netflix app so I assumed I had the most recent one. After deleting the channel and re-downloading it was made clear that the channel had indeed had an update at some point and I never knew.
    Fake signed the ticket and tmd with no problem. Installed just fine on my Wii U :3

13. MarcusArthuriel
    This message by MarcusArthuriel has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 7, 2015, Reason: No linking to, hinting, or nudge nudge wink wink point point at copyrighted content, please..
    Jan 7, 2015
  14. Bug_Checker_
    This message by Bug_Checker_ has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 7, 2015, Reason: No linking to, hinting, or nudge nudge wink wink point point at copyrighted content, please..
    Jan 7, 2015
  15. MarcusArthuriel
    This message by MarcusArthuriel has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 7, 2015, Reason: No linking to, hinting, or nudge nudge wink wink point point at copyrighted content, please..
    Jan 7, 2015
  16. RCJayce
    This message by RCJayce has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 7, 2015, Reason: No linking to, hinting, or nudge nudge wink wink point point at copyrighted content, please..
    Jan 7, 2015
  17. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    Oh yea i got vwii netdlix running thanks to pepois hooking me up.

18. MarcusArthuriel

MarcusArthuriel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2013
    Hormigueros
    Was it difficult ? :S

19. Pepois

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Here you go:

20. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    Again, to compile with the forum rules you need to say look for ljs9ik on sendspace or the file name is Netflix v1794 - HCLE.wad.
    Please edit the link.

21. Pepois

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Oops there you go, sorry!

22. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Link still there, please click the edit button and remove it.

23. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    it was difficult! searched on google for the latest neflix wad for an hour or two and the fake signing blue dumpster was giving me hell. Thanks to a gbatemper I was able to get the .wad