nesDS freezes on certain disk write/read operations

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Bluewoods, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Bluewoods
    OP

Newcomer Bluewoods Member

Canada
    I have a DSTWO supercard and I am trying to use nesDS on it. It will generally run fine up until I load and start playing a first game, but it will either freeze completely, or freeze for a moment while the screen flicker to then start working normally, whenever any of the following things occur
    • The emulator writes the game save file
    • I tap "Load" to list the roms in the current folder. (It doesn't seem to have a problem the first time it does this on startup)
    • I try to load or save a save state.
    Needless to say this is quite a frustration. I've noticed nesterDS was much more stable but runs ever so slowly. None of my other emulators, DSTWO plugins or DS roms do this. Has anyone ever run into this problem of have a clue as to what could cause it or how to fix it? Thank you.

A few extra parameters in case they could be relevent:
    • I only use my DSTWO on a my 3DS console, both have latest firmwares
    • I use a Kingston 8GB microSD card.
    • This has been going on since the first day I got my DSTWO. I tried several versions of nesDS. The earlier ones seem a tiny bit more stable somehow but that's all.

2. KoopaHax35000vr

Member KoopaHax35000vr Idk

United States
    Does it have the ini or bmp file in _dstwoplug?

3. Bluewoods
    OP

Newcomer Bluewoods Member

Canada
    Nope. I thought that was just for exclusive DSTWO plugins like NDSGBA, but nesDS is just a nintendo DS homebrew, right? Am I supposed to run it as a plugin for the DSTWO for it to work properly? If so, how do I do that?

4. KoopaHax35000vr

Member KoopaHax35000vr Idk

United States
    No it requires that for almost all dstwo programs. yeah you should have the nesds.nds in the folder "_dstwoplug along with the bmp and ini file and run it how you would normally run a dstwo program. If that doesnt work one of the files could be corrupt, possibley try using a different web site to download the files and then download it again or use a different micro sd.(I suggest a sandisk.)