NES/SNES/Genesis/N64 retro adapter issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by The Frenchman, Mar 21, 2013.

Mar 21, 2013
  1. The Frenchman
    OP

Member The Frenchman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm playing VC games using this 4 in 1 retro adapter through a GC port, and as stated multiple times in the past, the N64 port on this adapter is kind of messed up as most games will map Z to L for the GC controller.

Now I've tried this GC adapter on my PC through a gc/usb convertor and L isn't mapped at all on these adapter, they only have Z triggering an L response.

The issue with this is quickly noticed as you can't play Zelda, well, you can but it'll be impossible to complete as Z targetting is imortant.

Though the original Mario 64 VC download is 100% functional, Z does indeed have Mario duck as if Z was pressed, or L (for GC controller)

I've asked many time, but would it be possible to alter n64 wads file so button mapping was the same on all games? (using the Mario 64 set for that matter) if not, could an ocarina cheat do the trick?

2. CheatFreak47

Member CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

United States
    While it is certainly possible, it would be quite a bit more work than is really necessary.

3. The Frenchman
    OP

Member The Frenchman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My theories were maybe injecting all those titles into SM64 or maybe switching the 0000xx part that contains the "emulator" with the Sm64 one. I am a complete noob at this though, I've had grand master injector G0DLike send me great tools and I still couldn't figure it out.