Homebrew NES/SNES Emulators that let you change the save folder path?

Fierfek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VirtuaNES and Snes9x don't allow this, but I can't seem to find other options. I've heard of nestopia but can't find where to even download it.

Could someone point me in the right direction here?

*Alternatively:* Is there anything I can do to get VirtuaNES and Snes9x to save in pretty much any folder but the ROMs folder? Editing the source code or something?

Thanks!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VirtuaNES and Snes9x don't allow this, but I can't seem to find other options. I've heard of nestopia but can't find where to even download it.

*Alternatively:* Is there anything I can do to get VirtuaNES and Snes9x to save in pretty much any folder but the ROMs folder? Editing the source code or something?

Thanks!
In all honesty does it really matter were the save location is?

fatsocat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty does it really matter were the save location is?
Not OP, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

It does for me. I'm a forgetful cat (too much caatnip in my younger days, I guess) and I like to keep things organized. I also use SNES9X and VirtuaNES and am a little annoyed with exactly this. See, I like to keep my ROMs in one folder, cheats in another folder, saves in another. But both of these emulators require you to put the cheats files in the same location as the ROMs. And then, the emulators save to the same location and also keep configuration files in the same location.

Meaning if you have a shitload of ROMs you have a GIGANTIC folder full of identically named files, especially if you haven't set Windows to show file extensions. It gets confusing and frustrating to find save files or cht files to edit them.

Just my whisker's length opinion.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not OP, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

It does for me. I'm a forgetful cat (too much caatnip in my younger days, I guess) and I like to keep things organized. I also use SNES9X and VirtuaNES and am a little annoyed with exactly this. See, I like to keep my ROMs in one folder, cheats in another folder, saves in another. But both of these emulators require you to put the cheats files in the same location as the ROMs. And then, the emulators save to the same location and also keep configuration files in the same location.

Meaning if you have a shitload of ROMs you have a GIGANTIC folder full of identically named files, especially if you haven't set Windows to show file extensions. It gets confusing and frustrating to find save files or cht files to edit them.

Just my whisker's length opinion.
Then enable file extentions in windows

CactusMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks!
Nestopia undead edition is here http://0ldsk00l.ca/nestopia/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users