Hacking nes on supercard

ptpeter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got my supercard and superkey and ds backups and gba work great but i cant get the NES to work. Im not sure if im doing this correctly with the software. Do i need an emulator on the SD card? any help would be great!

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first guide for the Nintendo DS [Lite], so hopefully this goes over well.

Playing NES on your NDSL

First, there are several different methods of playing homebrew/unsigned code on your DS. I'm not going into all that. I'm writing this guide for users of the SuperCard SD. The SuperCard is a flashcart that uses a Secure Digital memory card for storage. So, off we go...

REQUIREMENTS
  • Homebrew capable Nintendo DS
  • SuperCard SD (secure digital)
  • SD card (secure digital)
  • NES games (will NOT be provided. DO NOT ASK !)
  • PocketNES and PocketNES Menu Maker (provided at the end of the post)
GETTING STARTED

The first thing we want to do is download the attached files, and unzip them to a directory of your choice. I've put mine in C:/NintendoDS/...

Next, you want to place whatever games you want you play in the folder you just extracted. So you'll have:

pnesmmw.exe
pnesmmw.mdb
pocketnes.gba
readme.txt
all your games...

Those are the files you should be looking at.

GENERATE YOUR GBA FILE

Double-click the mnesmmw.exe file. You'll see this:

You'll notice that the arrow points to "MAKE ROM". Just click that button. Now you'll have a few new files in your folder. The only one we're concered about is PocketNESMenu.gba.

SUPERCARD SOFTWARE

Next, we'll start up our SuperCard software. Once it's loaded, click ADD. Navigate to your folder where PocketNESMenu.gba is saved in. Once you find it, double-click it to add it to your SuperCard software list. You should see this:

The second screenshot is of my default options.

Next, click on the OUT button. Once it is done, it'll have a pop-up telling you that it's done. Navigate to the default SuperCard installation directory, usually C:/Program Files/SC/...

Click on the OUT folder. You should see these three files:

Highlight and transfer those three files to your SD card. Put the card in the SuperCard, place it in the GBA slot of your DS/DSL and turn it on. Select PocketNES.GBA from the list, and there ya go !

Pressing L + R opens the PocketNES options menu.

SUMMARY

There you have it. NES on your DS/DSL. If you have any questions or comments, please post them. I'll do my best to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all that, and I didnt need to ? lmao...
Is the emu built in the supercard or something ? Can someone explain how it actually runs the nes files, please.

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all that, and I didnt need to ? lmao...
Is the emu built in the supercard or something ? Can someone explain how it actually runs the nes files, please.
lmfao. riiight ive seen that guide on other sites before
mad.gif
jk

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide is actually on another forum, but it was created by me.
I took all the pocketnes stuff off my supercard, and the nes files to run without it. I'm really suprised. I didnt know the ds could run nes files.

Cool.

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am dispointed in the fact that the Supercard Lite does NOT take advantage of the full NDS screen, but only the GBa screen size!

Out of the box, like nes, can it plays other stuff? Like Snes and bla bla bla,...?

Cygoku

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am dispointed in the fact that the Supercard Lite does NOT take advantage of the full NDS screen, but only the GBa screen size!Â

Out of the box, like nes, can it plays other stuff? Like Snes and bla bla bla,...?

Cygoku

Disappointed? lol, PocketNES is a GBA emulator which like all gba games that run on the DS, uses the smaller GBA screen ration. Now if you want the REAL, full-screen shit, then the recently released NesDS is where it's at. The compatibility is not quite as good as PocketNES yet, but it runs full speed and has sav states and all that good stuff.

And the SC can play game gear, master system, GB, GBC, and TG16 roms too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.