Neoya x2vga resolution 640 480

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by jellybeangreen2, Jun 18, 2017.

1. jellybeangreen2
    OP

jellybeangreen2 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2015
    Hello all, I have got my hands on a neoya x2vga and I have now managed to get it working, before I couldn't get any picture on it at all!

Everything is now in colour, however, the game is in the centre of the screen and cuts off half of the sides.

The console is now in forced ntsc mode. Attached is a picture of what it's like during game and idle of dash and the device itself.

Attached Files:

2. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
    You need the modded bios.

3. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    Which bios because I did TSOP and flash the bios for winbond. When I turn on my xbox I have the evox in top left of screen?

4. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    VGA needs the vga modded bios but i don't know if the neoya x2vga needs the bios too.

Last edited by DarkGabbz, Jun 18, 2017
  5. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    Right, I have got further, I have managed to change the HD settings. But I accidentally set it to boot 1080i only. Now it boots but can'y display a picture. It's either the TV or device. However, how can I recover this. When I plug in the standard cable, I obviously can't change any HD settings. When I plug in my VGA cable, the HD settings become active, however, only the 1080i setting is set obviously.

So I was thinking, I have a backup of my eeprom. Shall I reflash that back? or just follow the TSOP flashing guide from scratch again to reset the HD settings?

6. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    Just get a component cable.

7. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    I'd like to use VGA because I have spare monitors laying around. Just wondering how I can reflash back my stock eeprom and / or which BIOS to reflash so start from scratch. Video chip is: focus and eeprom chip is: W49F020T-90B - 232936001 - 402WHSA. Help would be much appreciated.

8. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    You can enable and disable the hd modes in a custom dashboard UnleashX as an example.

9. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    As mentioned, I can't. Because when I use my device it auto goes to 1080i mode which won't display. 720P does, but I can't enable it because when the xbox detects the device, it puts it in to 1080i mode because I mistakenly disabled the other HD video modes. This is why I need to either reflash my BIOS / eeprom or do a complete reinstall from scratch

10. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    You can by just using a composite cable and disable 1080i and 720p in unleashx.

11. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    When I plug in composite. They are disabled by default and you can't change them unless you have either a HD cable or VGA connected. Once the xbox detects the VGA or HD cable, it then allows you to change them. But as said, only 1080i is enabled to I don't get any video to change it

12. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    Change your eeprom region to PAL again.

13. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    Ok, but HD is disabled for PAL. So how would I be able to change the settings if Microsoft disabled it by default? - I will try it now though

14. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    Right mate, this has worked somewhat. After switching back to PAL as you said. I then had to re-enable force PAL60. Then Reboot. Then go through the HD settings, I made sure to disable 1080i. 480p and 720p enabled. Then reboot. Then had to go through the HD set up on Hexen. Then had to switch back to NTSC. Then reboot. Then switch back to the Microsoft dashboard, Enable 480p and 720p. Then reboot. Now, it is in 720p mode which is great. However, it is now not filling the entire screen. It is only in the centre, maybe as if it were on a 21" TV. Any idea on how to stretch or make full screen?

Wide screen is enabled.

15. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    Is it in unleashx only?

16. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    No, XMBC does it too. Evo X changes to a 4:3 ratio however, the image is bigger.

The physical image of the dashboard is bigger than what is allowed to be shown on screen if that makes sense. I will upload a picture in a moment.

Update: on a monitor the screen is full screen, however, this monitor is 4:3 maybe 17". The picture Ive attached is on a 32" Sony led tv

Attached Files:

Last edited by jellybeangreen2, Jun 25, 2017 - Reason: Added picture of issue
  17. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    I have just attached a picture in the last comment and provided an update

18. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    I don't know what it is maybe an issue of the adapter.

19. jellybeangreen2
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    I have solved it. There was a hidden setting on the TV to make it full screen in PC mode. What a nightmare. But it now is working beautifully!