Hacking NeoRame´s SoftChip Linking Channel

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i guess i got to wait for new WADder and hope they integrate it in the next one
biggrin.gif

rican199

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoRame, I am already using your Wii backup launcher which by the way is awesome. But my question is what would I use this softchip channel for? Is it a better loader? What does this do for the Wii?

alex350r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@WiiShizza thanks, I get the idea now. Pretty useful I suppose, so it saves space on the Wii, might give it a go tonight :-)

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rican199 said:
What is this good for? what channel does it forward?

Huh? It forwards (i.e. loads) the .dol on the SD card. It's good for programs that are updated often since all you have to do to update is replace the old .dol on the SD with the new one, as opposed to the usual practice of injecting the new version into an old wad and then reinstalling that.

What I'm curious about is why this forwarder links to Softchip\loader.dol and not something like apps\Softchip\boot.dol .
huh.gif

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Hello guys
very nice work thanks
iv'e tested the link and work for other hombrew, just place in Softchip folder and rename loader.dol
perhap's could you provide to me the source of the linker, like this, i think i can made link with all my channels.
Like this, i just update dol on my sd an no install/uninstall on wii!!!!
thx
@+

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love this just not sure what one i like. i was always a fan of the banner you posted in the gamma thread i always liked where a couple of chips had fallen off, it added more life now im spoilt for choice any chance of the new one with the fallen chips and slightly bigger cookie? kinda best of both
smile.gif

softchipkopieay5.png

softii8.png

NeoRame

OP
Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiisel said:
I love this just not sure what one i like. i was always a fan of the banner you posted in the gamma thread i always liked where a couple of chips had fallen off, it added more life now im spoilt for choice any chance of the new one with the fallen chips and slightly bigger cookie? kinda best of both
smile.gif

mhhh, you´re right.... i will see what can i make on the next BIG channel update ;-)

kind regards
NeoRame

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a fantastic channel. You guys did a great job editing the icon.brylt to get a full size image and icon - thank you! I'm sure you know, but this shows up in the Wii settings>channels as a grey box with a "?" instead of the icon and the hover text is "???".

I've been working at fixing this and have a solution. Leave the icon.brylt as you have it, specifying 128x96 for icon and logo. Now inject a logo that is 120x88 into the wad (leave the banner and icon full size). Now it appears full size in the channels screen and it shows up in the wii settings channel.

I've combined an updated batch file with you wad into a zip file. If people install wadder 1.2 and overwrite two of the default files with the files in the zip file then wadder will now create channels with full size icon and logo.

See: http://wadder.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=...mp;p=1124#p1124

Thanks also to blitter for figuring out that smaller logos made it work in the wii settings menu and to buby78 for testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto