iLuvWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kay, I'm new at this.
I have a Wii. I used to use NeoGamma backup launcher v8 on my games and it worked just fine. However, I played Black Ops. There was a patch that required me to update my Wii to v4.3, and now the v8 is patched. Therefore, I installed NeoGamma v9 beta, and I tried it. This isn't patched but I keep getting the Error 1208! Now not only can I not play Black Ops, I can't play any of my other games. I checked how to fix it, but all of them talk about cIOS. I tried installing cIOS38rev17 or something like that but it didn't do anything. I also tried other backup launchers but those were all patched! I'm pretty sure it can't be a bad burn because my Black Ops worked fine on v8 of NeoGamma. HELP PLEASE!

EDIT: I found out I DO use DVD-R discs, any suggestions now?

iLuvWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Non rewritable? Does that mean I have to reburn all my games on DVD-R discs?

EDIT: I use DVD-R discs AND updated my cIOS's and I still get error 1208.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
iLuvWaffles said:
Wait, so would I need an external hard drive for that? And would I have to upload all my games onto the hard drive?
yes but its not difficult to do
also if you want you can use DVDs and USB loading in the same wii

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iLuvWaffles said:
Kay, I'm new at this.
I have a Wii. I used to use NeoGamma backup launcher v8 on my games and it worked just fine. However, I played Black Ops. There was a patch that required me to update my Wii to v4.3, and now the v8 is patched. Therefore, I installed NeoGamma v9 beta, and I tried it. This isn't patched but I keep getting the Error 1208! Now not only can I not play Black Ops, I can't play any of my other games. I checked how to fix it, but all of them talk about cIOS. I tried installing cIOS38rev17 or something like that but it didn't do anything. I also tried other backup launchers but those were all patched! I'm pretty sure it can't be a bad burn because my Black Ops worked fine on v8 of NeoGamma. HELP PLEASE!

EDIT: I found out I DO use DVD-R discs, any suggestions now?

"but all of them talk about cIOS"

This has a reason, it worked before for you, you did update and try to load DVD-Rs with NeoGamma. I don't know why nobdoy else says this, but: "YOU NEED TO INSTALL A CIOS!". If you have issues with the cIOS installer, you need to explain these, or else you won't get anywhere.

Your NeoGamma might have a bug and use IOS36 instead of a cIOS while you actually have a cIOS installed. I haven't heard of this yet, but to be sure, just delete the NeoGamma config file on sd card, or if you use a channel, take the sd card out before booting NeoGamma.

iLuvWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done a little checking, and my NeoGamma is v9 b47 IOS36 (rev3608).
I'm running a DVD-R.

I'm not sure what you mean by the config file, because I don't seem to see any config file in my NeoGamma folder. Should I try reinstalling NeoGamma v9?

regcallum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im having exactly the same problem.

i already had homebrew channel on my wii from years ago but updated it with modmii, xflak talked me through it and everything was fine untill i got a couple of new backup disks done.

i have backup disks that i used to use on the old homebrew channel and these work fine after remodding but when ive made new ones using dvd-r disks
(ive done 3 now) i try to load them in neogamma and get this message every time

DVDERR(1208), DISK ID

at the bottom of the screen it says

NEOGAMMA R9 B47, CIOS56 REV20 SLOT249

i hope someone has a fix for this

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
regcallum said:
are verbatim just plain white so you can print onto the disk?

There may be pritable verbatims too, but i think those are technically different discs. So if somebody says: "Use Verbatim discs", he means ones without white lable or lighscribe capability or whatever, just normal, working discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill