Hacking NeoGamma Thread

KMC123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah about that........ i didnt mod every thing on my Wii my self, i had a guy install that for me, I did install the Rock Band Launcher myself, so im not totally sure how i would check on it, i do have a cIos installer do have have to run that? what dip do i need to run? i tried R9 as well, but i just downloaded and coppied the stuff and put it on the card, i try to launch that and the same result, just a black screen.

im new to this as you can see buy the join date, sorry bare with me

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
either download and use nus auto downloader to re-hack your wii, or rehack ur wii using the simplistoc mod... I say this because some1 else hacked ur wii and u dont know whats on it... in the time it takes u to check what he did u could just rehack/update it

if u just want to check what cIOS249 u have installed, there is a syscheck or ioscheck available in dop-mii that should tell u the rev #

waitaminute

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't been using my Wii for a while, but now I wanted to try NeoGamma R7 and then R8 to load up games, but it only freezes (black screen, then the Wii Remote goes black, and the lights just flash when I press any buttons). This is when launched from the homebrew channel.

Does this mean there is a problem with the IOSes I installed previously? Is there any way I can check that I have all the necessary "hacks" installed?

It did work a while ago!

HackMii reports IOS versions 34 (installer), 31 (HBC), and 35 (DVDX).

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Official wishlist(could be considered to be done):
- Save config to nand
- Use nand as storage device for Ocarina, .wip and .wdm files
- Improve the internal GC loader
- Include the new GC loader from emu_kidid(once it is released, it works and he gives his permission to this) [i only write this, so everybody knows i consider it and i don't need to be asked)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official wishlist(not even remotely being worked at):
- Implement IOS Reload Block function
- Rip games from DVD to WBFS
- Add option to select which IOS to use
- add covers
- Argument parsing for settings, which disc to mount, etc.
- read game names from a database to get rid of NULL saying titles like "caduceus Z" for Trauma Center Second Opinion
- force 480P on ALL gamecube games

I add more if posted here
WiiPower I have a small request i'd like to ask you its not important but useful,
Something like were Neogamma could remember the last game i've played, that away i wouldn't have to scroll through 70+ titles to get to the game that i'm currently playing every time i start up NeoGamma . I'm mainly asking because i'm a wiird user and its not uncommon for me to reset my wii 5-10 times on any particular game I think it would be a great addition. Thanks

waitaminute

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OuahOuah said:
When you launch the last NeoGamma (R9 beta 13 at the moment) what is written at the bottom of your TV ?
Well well!

I wasn't even aware of R9 betas. I installed the latest, and lo and behold, it started! And even better, it loaded my backups!

Just for reference, it said IOS36 rev.3351.

What's odd is that neither NeoGamma R8 or Gecko OS would load. The screen just went black, and the Wii froze. Is NeoGamma R9 doing something special?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BlackAce83 said:
[...]WiiPower I have a small request i'd like to ask you its not important but useful,
Something like were Neogamma could remember the last game i've played, that away i wouldn't have to scroll through 70+ titles to get to the game that i'm currently playing every time i start up NeoGamma . I'm mainly asking because i'm a wiird user and its not uncommon for me to reset my wii 5-10 times on any particular game I think it would be a great addition. Thanks

I will consider it.

waitaminute said:
QUOTE(OuahOuah @ May 25 2010, 10:15 PM) When you launch the last NeoGamma (R9 beta 13 at the moment) what is written at the bottom of your TV ?
Well well!

I wasn't even aware of R9 betas. I installed the latest, and lo and behold, it started! And even better, it loaded my backups!

What's odd is that neither NeoGamma R8 or Gecko OS would load. The screen just went black, and the Wii froze. Is NeoGamma R9 doing something special?

Yes. It checks if your IOS249 is a stub IOS instead of a cIOS. If it is, it refuses to load IOS249 and loads IOS36 instead.

==>You have updated to 4.2 at some point and you installed cioscorp?(or have a modchip)

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Is it normal if now (beta13), I can't mount my WBFS martition ?
Before, it was ok.
I then format my whole drive and then recreated a primary NTFS (for USB_GX + a loggical FAT32 converted to WBFS) and then now USB_GX can see the WBFS one but no more NeoGamma
frown.gif

Ghar7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been able to load ntscu games just fine from my hdd but I'm having trouble trying to load an ntscj game (mobile suit gundam sensen 0079). The version I got said it was already cleaned with wiiscrubber. When I try to load it I just get a black screen... does anyone know what settings I need to use to get it to work? (using neogamma r8 btw)

edit: nevermind... found another version that wasn't scrubbed, set it to auto-force and it works fine... lesson learned: find .iso's that aren't stupidly scrubbed

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tested the newest revision of neogamma (r9 beta13).
I believe wiipower integrated an "on the fly" patch for Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands.
But it's not working. The Game will freeze if u use the Home Button.

With wip Patch, the Game is running without any issues.
I am using this one: http://gbatemp.net/t227702-prince-of-persi...p;#entry2845979
(Pal PoP)

It's just a side note (for an issue). ^^

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ghar7 said:
Hi, I've been able to load ntscu games just fine from my hdd but I'm having trouble trying to load an ntscj game (mobile suit gundam sensen 0079). The version I got said it was already cleaned with wiiscrubber. When I try to load it I just get a black screen... does anyone know what settings I need to use to get it to work? (using neogamma r8 btw)

edit: nevermind... found another version that wasn't scrubbed, set it to auto-force and it works fine... lesson learned: find .iso's that aren't stupidly scrubbed

I think the language was the problem not the scrubbing. With auto-force language you will be able to play this and most NTSC-U games without the need to change the settings, but Prince of Persia for example requires you to deactivate all patching.

QUOTE(papermanzero @ May 27 2010, 12:18 PM) I tested the newest revision of neogamma (r9 beta13).
I believe wiipower integrated an "on the fly" patch for Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands.
But it's not working. The Game will freeze if u use the Home Button.

With wip Patch, the Game is running without any issues.
I am using this one: http://gbatemp.net/t227702-prince-of-persi...p;#entry2845979
(Pal PoP)

It's just a side note (for an issue). ^^

Hmm, so the .wip i included doesn't work? Could you confirm this? I tried to figure out which one is the working one by reading the thread...

waitaminute

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
waitaminute said:
OuahOuah said:
When you launch the last NeoGamma (R9 beta 13 at the moment) what is written at the bottom of your TV ?
Well well!

Yes. It checks if your IOS249 is a stub IOS instead of a cIOS. If it is, it refuses to load IOS249 and loads IOS36 instead.

==>You have updated to 4.2 at some point and you installed cioscorp?(or have a modchip)
Yes, I do have a modchip as a matter of fact. It's running YAOSM. Should I remove it from my Wii?

I'm fairly sure I updated to 4.2 before doing the whole IOS swapping thing. 4.2 was released about a month before I softmodded my Wii, and did the bannerbomb, Trucha restorer, and whatever else.

I'm wondering if I should "virginize" my Wii and just run through the process again to make sure everything works as it should... Or is there some tool I can use to check that I'm using all the right IOSes and all that?

Thanks for the response!

Mordarto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bombg said:
Searched around and couldn't find an answer to this question so sorry if it's a repeat.

Is there any reason a usb keyboard shouldn't be working with Neogamma? I can use it to write messages in the wii system menu but I can't get it to work with games through Neogamma. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

so after fiddling with it for a bit it works. Not sure what the problem was but thanks anyhow =).
I've been having the same problem myself. Can you tell me what you did to fix it?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mordarto said:
Bombg said:
Searched around and couldn't find an answer to this question so sorry if it's a repeat.

Is there any reason a usb keyboard shouldn't be working with Neogamma? I can use it to write messages in the wii system menu but I can't get it to work with games through Neogamma. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

so after fiddling with it for a bit it works. Not sure what the problem was but thanks anyhow =).
I've been having the same problem myself. Can you tell me what you did to fix it?

Have you tried to use the top usb port? The bottom port may only work for usb loading. Also, it may be a cIOS issue, which cIOS do you currently use? I think cIOS37rev19 should work if any.

Mordarto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Have you tried to use the top usb port? The bottom port may only work for usb loading. Also, it may be a cIOS issue, which cIOS do you currently use? I think cIOS37rev19 should work if any.
Doh, switching to the other usb port and restarting the wii worked like a charm. Thanks so much for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol