Hacking NeoGamma Thread

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lycanfx said:
! extra question thrown out to any1 who can help, i have just burned ghostbusters USA and i have a Pal wii on 3.2e CIOS rev 13 (not rev 13b) with both gamma and neogamma, gamma has the 002 error whilst neogamma loads the wiimote screen then freezes the wii and turns off the wiimote
I have the same problem with Ghostbusters.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ghostbusters is a 002b game. You NEED rev13a for this and a loader with the better 002fix like NeoGamma. Brick blocker is usefall as .... when using a loader, patching to use IOS249 is not necessary for this game. If it's an import game, i guess your region patcher proved again that most of them are epic failures.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
It's just i would virtually try to cut the head of the person off who does this, IF it's an force ntsc channel, and i only see one post:"game xy does not work, i only get a green screen with NeoGamma" but NOT mentioning that he/she/it uses a crappy autoboot force whatever channel.

If they BITCH about it then that's down to them to sort it out and read the posts here you don't have to respond to their each and every plea personally!

.... we are just a select few who want an auto boot with selectable options (press 1) and have the need as mentioned KIDS are a pita for messing with settings they don't understand with auto boot its a case of pick game click and go
smile.gif

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Ghostbusters is a 002b game. You NEED rev13a for this and a loader with the better 002fix like NeoGamma.
I'm running cIOS rev13 (a.k.a. rev13a) and trying to launch the game using NeoGamma R3 HBC.

I have a NTSC-U Wii running 3.2U firmware.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, i have no idea why the game is not working for you. Unpatched disc + cIOSrev13a + NeoGamma should be fine. Well, is the game an import game for you?

kobykaan said:
WiiPower said:
It's just i would virtually try to cut the head of the person off who does this, IF it's an force ntsc channel, and i only see one post:"game xy does not work, i only get a green screen with NeoGamma" but NOT mentioning that he/she/it uses a crappy autoboot force whatever channel.

If they BITCH about it then that's down to them to sort it out and read the posts here you don't have to respond to their each and every plea personally!

.... we are just a select few who want an auto boot with selectable options (press 1) and have the need as mentioned KIDS are a pita for messing with settings they don't understand with auto boot its a case of pick game click and go
smile.gif

You have to idea. Now if somebody has a problem with NeoGamma i can assume that he is able to access the main menu and try the different video mode option. You can't even imagine how many people did not have an idea that Gamma 1. could be started from HBC too, not just from a channel and 2. that Gamma has a menu. And no i'm not exaggerating.

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Sorry, i have no idea why the game is not working for you. Unpatched disc + cIOSrev13a + NeoGamma should be fine.
Okay, I finally got Ghostbusters working. Here's how I did it:
  • Burned the unmodified image to DVD-R
  • Installed cIOS rev 13 (a.k.a. rev 13a)
  • Downloaded and installed NeoGamma R3 on SD card under \apps directory
  • Launched NeoGamma R3
  • Selected Config Options
  • Changed Patch Video from No to All
  • Selected Exit Menu
  • Selected Launch Game
Big thanks to AdamBrunt for pointing me in the direction of the Patch Video option.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not here too...

USE DISC REGION VIDEO MODE FOR IMPORT GAMES WHEN TRYING TO GET THE GAME TO WORK AT ALL

This is stupid. I'm starting to consider to remove all video mode options and to always use disc region video mode in order to put an end to all these stupid problems.

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sYndrome13 said:
WiiPower said:
Sorry, i have no idea why the game is not working for you. Unpatched disc + cIOSrev13a + NeoGamma should be fine.
  • Launched NeoGamma R3
  • Selected Exit Menu
  • Selected Launch Game
Big thanks to AdamBrunt for pointing me in the direction of the Patch Video option.
Nevermind. This only worked once. Not sure why, but every time I tried it after that, it just locked up at the Wii Remote safety screen.

lycanfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sYndrome13 said:
WiiPower said:
  • Launched NeoGamma R3
  • Selected Exit Menu
  • Selected Launch Game
u r a star with that patch video to all thing mad how all the ghostbuster coasters i thought i had all work now lol. they should of called this the real ghosters as the cartoon but it looks rather fun. im actually working my way through tiger woods 2010 so that is taking priority at the moment lol.

well i suppose for now it looks like the other members of my family or friends wont be getting any new games with these new god damn errors. but i shall keep checking.

lowephatts

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I've tried reading up on this to no Avail... Whenever I try and use this my Wiimote won't sync... I looked for the config file, it wasn't there to even delete???

Anyone know what I should do? Or point me to a post I missed...

Thanks

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anyone of you guys got Virtua Tennis 2009 running ?
It just gives me a "disk could not be read" error.

Neogamma r4rc3 + cios 38rev13a

€dit:
oh wait, I'm on NeoGamma R3

lycanfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neko said:
Has anyone of you guys got Virtua Tennis 2009 running ?
It just gives me a "disk could not be read" error.

Neogamma r4rc3 + cios 38rev13a

€dit:
oh wait, I'm on NeoGamma R3

i got it running on r4c1 but no later nice game though.i have a problem with klonoa tho it wont load at all with rev 13 so i gotta switch back and for with rev 13 and rev 9 never mind all good things come to those who wait.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lycanfx said:
[...]
i got it running on r4c1 but no later nice game though.i have a problem with klonoa tho it wont load at all with rev 13 so i gotta switch back and for with rev 13 and rev 9 never mind all good things come to those who wait.

Could you please explain that, i'm trying to make it better not worse.

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I was a little bored so I decided to make a new logo for this awesome Backup Loader (the original seemed a little... plain
tongue.gif
). I just hope the Wii accepts animated GIF's.

Regular PNG:
logofhb.png

Animated GIF with .35 Sec Delay:
35secdelay.gif

Animated GIF with .25 Sec Delay:
25secdelay.gif

Enjoy, and I hope you guys like it.
smile.gif

lycanfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok sorry if it didnt make sense. i gather u r on about my problem with klonoa the game not tennis, i was getting green screen through gamma and through neogamma i was getting a freeze at the wii memory screen, but i switched back to cios rev 9 as for me that has been the stablist, but on rev 9 new games like tiger wood, ghostbusters or indiana jones, all get a green screen through neo launcher and the 002 error through gamma, so i am keeping cios rev13 on sd card to revert back to when needed. i just hope your next release fixes this issue and/or cios rev 14 does. anyway thanks for the good work and keeping on top of things.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anybody with problems in NeoGamma R4 RC2 or RC3 but no problems in R3, please check what hooktype is selected, i suspect the VI to be the cause of the problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol