NeoGamma R9 Beta 56 Disc ID Error??

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by tackfrog, Apr 14, 2016.

1. tackfrog
    OP

tackfrog Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    United States
    I've recently installed cIOS 250 and I'm using NeoGamma R9 Beta 56. My DVDs are Memorex DVD+R, and whenever I try to run a game, I get a disc ID error. Different versions of NeoGamma say things like "DVD+R? Bad burn? dll issue?" and don't run the game either.

I used imgburn to burn my games at 2x speed, and I really need help here. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Should I use a different cIOS? A different version of NeoGamma? Different discs?

2. tackfrog
    OP

tackfrog Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    United States
    Forgot to mention, my Wii is a launch system from 2006, so I don't think the drive is too new.

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It's been six years since I've used NeoGamma (the majority of the Wii community uses USB loaders now to load games directly off a USB drive due to their ease of use, faster loading speeds, and no need to burn discs), but I believe NeoGamma is set to use IOS249 by default, not 250. In addition, IOS249 typically uses IOS56 as a base, which has better compatibility with 99% of games. As a matter of troubleshooting, I recommend you install IOS249 using something like d2x-cios-installer and try NeoGamma again.

In the long term, I suggest switching to a USB loader like CFG Loader MOD.