Hacking neogamma error

Warrior 3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im trying to play my newly burned zelda game. at 1st i was getting error 002 on neo gamma. I was told to install cIOSX so i did. the error is now gone. I load up neo gamma and it loads the disk, the white screen saying to put my band on my wrist comes up but then i get a black screen with it saying "THE DISC COULD NTO BE READ. REFER TO THE WII OPERATIONS MANUAL FOR DETAILS"

someone please help me! =(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is cIOS57 ?

If he needs to install an cIOS (and it's not already this one), then he should install cIOS d2x v6
In slot 249 he has to install a Base IOS56, and in slot 250 he has to install a base IOS57.

"Disc could not be read" is happening often when the Wii can't read the disc correctly (dirty lens, bad DVD brand, etc.)

To fix all reading problem, don't use DVD-R, prefer USB loading which is even faster, you will have less loading time in games.
You don't need a big New HDD, you can even use a Flash drive, USBkey, MicroSD card reader USB adapter, etc.

You asked me to help you, but you didn't provide any information.
So, just Re-hack your Wii completely using an up-to-date guide (like ModMii).

Warrior 3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try and load it on a USB. I was copying the iso to my 32gb usb the other night but my PC turned off randomly and now my USB stick is stuck in write protected mode and i cant get it off protected mode! lol. So thats why i went to DVD-r. Ill just have to find another usb stick.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Install the latest NeoGamma:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test/

And d2x v6 with base IOS56. And then post the bottom line in NeoGamma please.

Other error sources can be enabled patches that are not required, forcing a video mode the games doesn't like or not having a WM+. If you can dismiss all that, your burns might be bad, or your drive.

Warrior 3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if im doing this right, can someone take a look?

imag0298t.jpg

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should be d2x v6 base IOS56 slot 249 and d2x v6 base IOS57 slot 250. And using IOS236 in the installer itself if available is recommend to avoid errors during the installation. If using another IOS or not doing an IOS Reload doesn't return any error, everything is fine though.

Warrior 3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so i go to install the stuff that is needed in slot 249 and 250. i go to pick the 249 slot setting and on the install map i have a ton of slots with stuff installed on em already? did i mess something up? should i uninstall all the stuff in the slots?

imag0299g.jpg

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just leave it, the only cIOS that might be useless are IOS247, IOS248 and IOS251. None of those matter when you use IOS249 or IOS250 to load games, having them or not having them doesn't change anything.

Warrior 3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay well i installed the slots you guys told me to and i still get this cant read disc error. the game loads and even in the wii menu i see zelda come up. i load the game and i get the wii safety screen then the disc cant be read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.