Hacking Neogamma error 1208

Cota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to play metroid other m on neogamma, but it shows me a 1208 error: disk ID.
I di a burn of a proper iso, with the correct layer break on a dvd+r DL verbatim disk, and yet it can't even load it!
Using the latest neogamma with cIOS56 r20, if i'm not mistaken.

What's wrong? What should i do?

Cota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On dvd-r you can't set the layer break i think. I've also tried to burn with one of those, but it still shows the same error.

rocktoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI GUYS I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AND I HAVE AN OLDER WII WHICH WAS A 3.4 BUT I UPDATED TO 4.1 I USE 2 BE ABLE 2 PLAY BACK UPS AND ORIGINALS NOW I CAN'T PLAY ANYTHING IT WoN'T EVEN SHOW UP IN THE DISC CHANNEL i could always see my games in the disc channel even if it was a backup i couldn't play backup thru regular channel but i could see it .I believe my problem started when i use the homebrew browser 2 install ios58 with the ios58 installer i was able 2 play my backups maybe for 2 days. then it suddenly stop as i was playing a game of madden 11 i was in the third quarter playing online and the game said unable to read madden 11 and since then its been straight down hill sometimes it will start 2 load the game but it always crash on my neogamma it gives me disc err 1208 id or it will give me 1020 on my other neogamma loader . P.S o yea it makes a scratching sound as if it is stuck trying 2 make it thru some code or something like that i hope my laser isn't gone what do u guys think thanks.

laifuthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trace_hunter said:
burn it on a dvd-r non rewritable, 90% of dvd+r don't work

Really? I've got a pack of 50 DVD+R's (way more than I need, but my dad bought em thinking that we needed them for school), and they work fine for me. I've got the House of the Dead: Overkill, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii on DVD+R's and they work fine. I even tested them at my friends house on his wii, running 4.2u, in Neogamma R8 beta 15, cIOS rev 17 and they worked there too.

FPSDars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was experiencing an error 1208, it ended up being because of a bad ISO.

Try another ISO, maybe?

Cota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried 2 iso, one of which is considered proper. BTW, on CFG Loader, it shows error -2.
I'm starting to think it is a hardware problem. Will cleaning my lenses solve it?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
FPSDars said:
When I was experiencing an error 1208, it ended up being because of a bad ISO.

Try another ISO, maybe?

That could be a possibility. If not, then it could be a issue bewteen your wii lens and DVD-R DL brand. As for such heavy games like Smash Bros Brawl and Metroid
ohmy.gif
M, I prefer USB loaders.

Cota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DVD-DL brand is not the problem, i think. I got Verbatim, which is the apparentely the best.
I'll try to get my hands on the wii lens cleaner, see if that makes a difference.

rocktoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOW I AM PRETTY SURE IT HAS SOMETHING 2 DO WITH MY WII LENS I BOUGHT THE CLEANER 4 THE LENS AND I STILL GET THAT PROBLEM BUT NO SWEAT I FINALLY JOIN THE COOL CROWD AND INSTALLED USB LOADER SO FAR ITS WORKING GREAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS LONG TIME AGO SO MY THOUGHT 2 U WOULD BE ITS PROABLY YOUR WII LENS SO JUST GRAB A GOOD SIZE SD CARD AND INSTALL USB GX LOADER.

Shunic12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys i have the same problem but i cant play no games at all!!! i have the wii version 4.3u and i just got it today (jan.10,2011) and i hack using the HACK MY WII GUIDE from wiiso.com and like from then on nothing has work in my favor i tried doing the process over again but i stil get nothing and just the other day i hacked my cuzns wii and he had 3.2u and it worked perfectly and he went on but now mines do anything but show the dvd err(1208) plz some1 help me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?