Neogamma err 1208

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by xakota, Sep 5, 2010.

Sep 5, 2010

Neogamma err 1208 by xakota at 8:24 AM (4,735 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. xakota
    OP

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just hacked my Wii following this tutorial verbatim:
    http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/USB-Loader

Then downloaded Mario Party 8 and burnt it onto a DVD+r. Tried to boot it on the latest NeoGamma, got Err(1208), disc ID. USB loader GX isn't an option because I don't have a usb drive big enough to hold a Wii ISO. So can anyone help, please?

EDIT-
    I actually wasn't using the latest NeoGamma. But the actual latest one gives me the same problem, except it's called dvd read error 1167. I do have a CIOS, it's CIOS 38 rev 17. Please help, anybody.

DOUBLE EDIT-
    Tried it on UBS Loader GX (figured out how), just freezes for a few seconds then nothing happens.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    It's the fact that you burnt it onto a DVD+R. Did you set the booktype to DVD-ROM before burning?

3. xakota
    OP

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No, I didn't. I didn't know I had to. That was my last DVD+R too...WIll a DVD+RW work?
    EDIT-
    I just found out my drive does not support booktyping anyway. Is there anything I can do? Please help.

4. Pariah_333

Newcomer Pariah_333 Newbie

United States
    The only thing that I know of that you can do is reburn to a dvd-r. Most Wii drives that I have seen cough on dvd+r. Don't get me wrong I have heard of some that can read + but personally I have never seen one. Good luck
    Pariah

5. Pariah_333

Newcomer Pariah_333 Newbie

United States
    Also I don't believe that a +rw will work either. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure of this. Sorry I missed the rw part of the question when I first responded
    Pariah

6. ploeger82

Newcomer ploeger82 Newbie

Canada
    Okay I have a back up copy but I keep getting dvd err (1208), disc ID. no cIOS + DVD-R from neogamma. Please help.............. I have tried everything. I have homebrew installed.

7. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    your wii is new, it will never play burned discs, its got the new D-32 drive in it.
    Usb, man.....