Neogamma Disk read error 1048

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Sarger001, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Sarger001
    OP

Sarger001 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2013
    I've searched this up on the internet and all i could find was that my Wii disk drive might be a newer model. However, the wii serial number checking website appears to be bugged (I can't search my serial number) but from what it is, it can play gamecube retail games and i do think i got it when it first came out. It does say (C) 2006 on it, so yeah, i probably did. I've been attempting to run a backup disk for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle but all i get are these disk read errors. I've tried with 2 different CIOS's, one with the newest and one with 14, but both got the same disk read error. All i get is Error 1048.

Retail games also appear to have a similar effect on Neogamma- They- I've only tested a retail disk for Sonic Adventure 2-boot fine in the disk channel, the disk is read properly (Even shows the disk ID) AND the game boots... To a black screen.

OFC i won't be needing to use Neogamma to boot retail games unless the disk channel... fails, but that's not really that important. I'm okay with having to do stuff that overwrites stuff needed to read wii games because i have a Wii U now, and that upscales me wii games for me.

Still have no idea how i'm going to get Error 1048 off me though. Do i need to change the ID of the game, do i need to do stuff to the disk, do i? I'm wondering what to do.

Oh, and if my wii bricks, i'll just buy a new one. Nuff said.

2. drottning

drottning amateur wii hacker

Newcomer
    May 30, 2013
    johto (roaming)
    pretty sure all wiis say (C) 2006. have you tried a different loader? like gc backup loader?

3. Sarger001
    OP

Sarger001 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2013
    I'll try that.

4. drottning

drottning amateur wii hacker

Newcomer
    May 30, 2013
    johto (roaming)
    let me know what happens :)