Homebrew neods help

cura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm trying to get neods working on my ds. I'm not sure where to download a bios file and which one is the best. Could you recommend one?

Thanks
smile.gif

... OK this is confusing. I downloaded a neogeo.zip from a ROM site, extracted it like the readme said, and then ran neodsconvert and ... nothing. The zip had 11 files with extensions like .lo .rom .sfx .... I just want to play Metal slug and SNK vs Capcom again

cura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You need to have the latest and complete MAME ROM set(s) in zipped form. Make certain that they are named correctly beforehand by the official build of MAME's standards, not NeoRAGEx or another emulator's compatible set.

What are MAME ROM sets and where do you get them? I did a google and the results were fairly confusing. How do you make sure they are named correctly? I've never used MAME before, although I've got other emulators working fine.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
to legally have the bios file you would need to legally own the system.

try reading the readme which came with the homebrew. there is a reason the author took the time to type it. it contains all of the information that you will need. if there are parts of it you do not understand then use the link above, a very helpful post i should add. the neods compatibility thread (stickied) contains all the supported games and their mame arcade names.

asking for roms on this forum is against the rules, please read them before posting again.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=boardrules

-another world

cura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I've read the readme and the guide you mentioned, and both assume you've used mame before and have some idea of the terminology. OK, forget the second question, how about the first: what is a mame rom set? I did get a file called neogeo.zip from somewhere, followed all the instructions (the command line prompts and everything) and nothing happened.

Blake1710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the link that another world posted tells you if games are compatible with said emulator, and what the name of the .zip file has to be for the rom file to be converted to .neo.

for example, if you wanted to convert SNK vs Capcom, you'd have to have 2 or 3 files in the same folder:
- a .zip of the svc files, which should be called svc.zip
- the neogeo.zip file
- and if you aren't using the command line, you'll need neodsconvert.exe

run neodsconvert or use the command line and a .neo file should be produced.

it can't get simpler than that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1