Homebrew NeoDS Compatibility List

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've tried DOZENS of MAME files trying to something to work, and so far I've only managed to get Windjammers. Don't get me wrong, Windjammers is a great game, but what about the classic X-Men 6-player from the arcade, or The Simpsons!? Both of those games are under 3mb, but they won't convert
hate2.gif

I still have a Dreamcast in mint condition, perhaps I could dust that off and play the classical games I can't get working with NeoDS
laugh.gif

So... is there a compatibility list? I've found one for another emulator, but not NeoDS!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veloxi said:
I've tried DOZENS of MAME files trying to something to work, and so far I've only managed to get Windjammers. Don't get me wrong, Windjammers is a great game, but what about the classic X-Men 6-player from the arcade, or The Simpsons!? Both of those games are under 3mb, but they won't convert
hate2.gif

I still have a Dreamcast in mint condition, perhaps I could dust that off and play the classical games I can't get working with NeoDS
laugh.gif

So... is there a compatibility list? I've found one for another emulator, but not NeoDS!

theres a list on the google groups site of the author here
smile.gif

REMEMBER HERE ITS A NEO GEO emulator not a MAME EMULATOR so only NEO GEO roms will work
smile.gif

there is a mame ds emulator (MarcaDS) but hasnt had many updates and does not run many roms
frown.gif

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, HELL! I didn't know that...
rofl.gif

For some reason I remember reading "Make sure the Neo roms works in MAME before converting"...

*sigh*... I'll try Neo Geo right now
smile.gif

Thanks kobykaan

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I've been using that converter thing... it only converts Windjammers for me. Not sure why...

I must be an idiot, just tried 4 MAME roms and about 10 NeoGeo roms, and none will convert. Any other ways of converting available?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I don't think you really understand what's going on here. Neo Geo is a gaming system, in a similar sense to the way that the SNES or PlayStation 2 are gaming systems. There are two kinds of ROMs for Neo Geo games out there, the ones intended for MAME, and the ones intended for dedicated Neo Geo emulators/physical Neo Geos. What you need for NeoDS are Neo Geo ROMs which are intended for MAME. Only games which are made for the Neo Geo work in NeoDS. I'm not aware of a compatibility list, but here's a list of Neo Geo games, which should at least put you in the right direction, especially since NeoDS has excellent compatibility:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neo_Geo_games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-