NeoDS Compatibility List

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Veloxi, Aug 20, 2008.

Aug 20, 2008

NeoDS Compatibility List by Veloxi at 5:24 PM (4,701 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Veloxi
    OP

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    I've tried DOZENS of MAME files trying to something to work, and so far I've only managed to get Windjammers. Don't get me wrong, Windjammers is a great game, but what about the classic X-Men 6-player from the arcade, or The Simpsons!? Both of those games are under 3mb, but they won't convert [​IMG]

I still have a Dreamcast in mint condition, perhaps I could dust that off and play the classical games I can't get working with NeoDS [​IMG]

So... is there a compatibility list? I've found one for another emulator, but not NeoDS!

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

theres a list on the google groups site of the author here [​IMG]

REMEMBER HERE ITS A NEO GEO emulator not a MAME EMULATOR so only NEO GEO roms will work [​IMG]

there is a mame ds emulator (MarcaDS) but hasnt had many updates and does not run many roms [​IMG]

3. Veloxi
    OP

Iceland
    Oh, HELL! I didn't know that... [​IMG]

For some reason I remember reading "Make sure the Neo roms works in MAME before converting"...

*sigh*... I'll try Neo Geo right now [​IMG]

Thanks kobykaan

4. BiscuitCookie

Member BiscuitCookie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    you have to use the converter with mame roms

5. Veloxi
    OP

Iceland
    Yeah, I've been using that converter thing... it only converts Windjammers for me. Not sure why...

I must be an idiot, just tried 4 MAME roms and about 10 NeoGeo roms, and none will convert. Any other ways of converting available?

6. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I don't think you really understand what's going on here. Neo Geo is a gaming system, in a similar sense to the way that the SNES or PlayStation 2 are gaming systems. There are two kinds of ROMs for Neo Geo games out there, the ones intended for MAME, and the ones intended for dedicated Neo Geo emulators/physical Neo Geos. What you need for NeoDS are Neo Geo ROMs which are intended for MAME. Only games which are made for the Neo Geo work in NeoDS. I'm not aware of a compatibility list, but here's a list of Neo Geo games, which should at least put you in the right direction, especially since NeoDS has excellent compatibility:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neo_Geo_games

7. Tall Alien

Banned Tall Alien Banned

United States
    sorry for bump, but shouldnt snk vs capcom plus work? didnt get it to work yet