NEO N64 Myth flash cart

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Ben_j, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Ben_j
    OP

Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2005
    France
  2. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    I don't like Neo Flash's use of their crappy GBA carts in all their other carts. It'd be easier and cheaper if they used CF or SD.

I wouldn't trust any of the reviews from the website. It'll probably not be as good as you think. But it'll at least play Mario 64, LoZ:OoT, Smash Bros, etc. which would be enough for a lot of people. Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day are the two that there might be a problem with.

I was considering picking one up, but I have a CD64+.

3. Ben_j
    OP

Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2005
    France
    How good is it ? And how much does it cost and where can I find one ?

EDIT : found reviews that say the CD64+ has awful compatibility and to avoid it absolutely.

4. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    My only problem with it is getting it to stick to the 64. Every game I've tried works save for Perfect Dark and Conker's, which I expected. I can't imagine the compatibility is any worse than neo flash's cart.

The Dr V64 Jr. I think is the cart of choice, but good luck finding one. I was lucky to get my CD64+ ten years ago back when success-hk still existed.

I suppose if you're desperate for a method of playing 64 backups and you don't have the homebrew channel on your wii, the a neo flash 64 cart might be a good idea. There's talk on the site of adding support for neo flash GBA carts that have SD cards built in so you can have more than 2 games on at a time, but we'll see if that'll happen. Even if it does, you have to pay another $50 on top of the price of the cart.