• Start date
  • Views 303,149
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
for those who had trouble running NEEK2O. Make sure that you only have 1 primary partition on your USB HDD and set to active, with 32KB Cluster Size and FAT32 File System, just make sure that you set it to 32KB Cluster size for less file fragmentation.

If you want to create additional partition on your USB HDD, just make sure that you set iit to extended partition and not another primary partition. As you can confuse NEEK2O in this way (proven).

BTW, anyone experiencing random crashing on NEEK2O, i revert way back to RC since it always corrupt my emulated NAND on latest NEEK2O. This is my 3rd fresh NAND (no modification applied on eNAND) and it corrupts, just a plain black screen; replacing the NAND with a new one again and deleting the config files make things work again, and then corrupt again.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@akari212

You replace the nand and delete the config files. Any idea which one of the 2 that makes your neek2o setup work again? (Requiring both would be very strange.)
Does your nand always boot into the system menu? I mean, have you tried other setups like having priiloader start postloader...
Have you tried a nand with priiloader installed?
If so, are you able to reach the priiloader setup screen? (holding the reset button of your wii during the launch of neek2o)
How many nands are you having in the nands folder?
Are you having nand folders on the root of your harddisk as well?
How do you boot into neek2o?

The first time neek2o uses a modmii nand, it makes huge changes to it.
Once this is done, it hardly needs to do any writing to the nand, so it would suprise me if it corrupts the nand.

You could also try to rename the di.bin file, to see if the problem is related to di. If the nand doesn't boot without di.bin either, the problem is not di.bin or diconfig.bin.

A program that could possibly mess with your nands on the harddisk is priibooter. It has a system to copy a nand from the nands subfolder to the root, and the other way around.
That was for a normal neek setup that couldn't handle the nand folders in a subfolder.

Another issue that got reported a couple of times already is the fact that the channelcache.bin (in the sneekcache folder) causes issues. Deleting that file made neek2o work again.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Daxtsu & PizzaPino

The wii shopping channel doesn't work under neek and neek2o. I don't think the reason why is known. Tueidj might know why, but I guess he doesn't have a solution either.
Crediar reported in his sneek changelog that he fixed the COD MW3 download problems. This fix isn't in our code yet as it was part of a huge code change, and I couldn't find
what specific fixed the issue.
Postloader has a system that launches a game in the nand of it's own region. Maybe yours is using another nand for the games that give you problems.
I don't have the games myself, but I know a member that might be able to test them under postloader.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI, Shop Channel works for me on (u)neek2o with 4.1u NAND made with Modmii. It's a NAND i have for any samba (file share)emulators and stuff.
I didnt have any points to DL a game, but as a test, i just successfully updated my Netflix to the newer, clunky edition.
Im pretty sure i got the channel wad from a real NAND backup off me Wii.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A program that could possibly mess with your nands on the harddisk is priibooter. It has a system to copy a nand from the nands subfolder to the root, and the other way around.
That was for a normal neek setup that couldn't handle the nand folders in a subfolder.

I don't think that priibooter can corrupt the nand when it is mooving it. Anyway folder nand switch should not be available under neek2o (need to check it) and if it isn't actvated with postloader, no operation is performed by priibooter.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@akari, thats rather a bold statement to make, i, like arjaylight, do not have any problems with 2 primary partitions, the second one works still fine with wiiflow on real nand too...

I think the only thing that matters is that you use a 32KB clustersize AND use it as a first partition.
(lower that 32 has been reported to work too, but 32 is the recommended size)

@obcd, i , like VatoLoco, have managed to get the shopping channel working on my 4.3E emunand.
So its possible, but what it exactly makes it work, i don't know, i just copied my sysconf and wc24 folder from real nand to emunand, and, now comes the weird part, i had to set my country to roemenia..

EDIT - FYI: i use postloader too..

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think it's priibooter either. I just wanted to give a complete picture of things, as what we have right now is not much to figure out the problem.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Etheboss

Did it actually work to download something from the wii shopping channel?
I tried it with a backup of my real nand. (Still on 4.1) with updated IOS 56 and shopping channel.
The shopping channel itself works, but when I try to download something, it just times out and says I should try again later.
(Some free VC/Wiiware I tested with)

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes it did, i downloaded all my free channels that way again
Oh , it was a modmii nand too..

Edit: just trying it now, its downloading the internet channel as i am typing this...
Edit 2: it has finished downloading and the channel works.

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI, Shop Channel works for me on (u)neek2o with 4.1u NAND made with Modmii. It's a NAND i have for any samba (file share)emulators and stuff.
I didnt have any points to DL a game, but as a test, i just successfully updated my Netflix to the newer, clunky edition.
Im pretty sure i got the channel wad from a real NAND backup off me Wii.

same here i have no problem with the shoping chanell, in fact i just download ''check MII out chanell''
neek2o v64 Nand(4.3u) made with modmii

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
@obcd

You replace the nand and delete the config files. Any idea which one of the 2 that makes your neek2o setup work again?
Deleting the config files didnt work, replacing the NAND file will make it work again (but still my save files :(()

Does your nand always boot into the system menu? I mean, have you tried other setups like having priiloader start postloader...
If so, are you able to reach the priiloader setup screen? (holding the reset button of your wii during the launch of neek2o)
yes, I think NEEK2O is still working as I can still access the Priiloader (pressed reset while NEEK loads) yet System Menu refuse to load. Tried booting it with Postloader and it works just fine (include loading a game).

The NAND that I tried are still fresh from Modmii setup. It just randomly crash (it happens when you quit a game, it hangs on blackscreen and next bootup, SM refuse to load)

But still, I prefer the clean NAND with no mods (except the NEEK2O itself and the Priiloader)

How do you boot into neek2o?
Primarily, Using Priiloader with BootMii as autoboot.

Are you having nand folders on the root of your harddisk as well?
None.

How many nands are you having in the nands folder?
4, you already know that I think

priyankk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also use modmii to create the neek2o files.

Make sure you delete diconfig.bin if you have it in the usb:/sneek folder.
the older file from uneek is no longer compatible with neek2o

In case of problems, do not hesitate to ask.

Hye obcd, at the outset thanks for the wonderful work done on neek2o

need your help in getting neek2o in place, i have used modmii 4.8.2 to create nand and install neek2o, however i cant get through the press a to continue screen

when i click on neek2o channel, it shows the neek2o screen with message, press a to continue, and then it simply shows a blank screen and does not boot up

would seek your help in sorting this out, thanks in advance

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also use modmii to create the neek2o files.

Make sure you delete diconfig.bin if you have it in the usb:/sneek folder.
the older file from uneek is no longer compatible with neek2o

In case of problems, do not hesitate to ask.

Hye obcd, at the outset thanks for the wonderful work done on neek2o

need your help in getting neek2o in place, i have used modmii 4.8.2 to create nand and install neek2o, however i cant get through the press a to continue screen

when i click on neek2o channel, it shows the neek2o screen with message, press a to continue, and then it simply shows a blank screen and does not boot up

would seek your help in sorting this out, thanks in advance
try the updated version of the channel. i redid the channels to all launch on ios58 with the most recent nswitcher dol.( in the neek2o channel thread.)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I just put out a partial update for modmii (v4.8.2.1). The md5 for the revised channel will be updated silently during ModMii update checks (without this partial update ModMii would identify the file as invalid)

edit:
so that means if anyone starts reporting ModMii is calling the nswitch channel invalid, tell them to check for ModMii updates and try again. Note that there will be no indication that you've updated from 4.8.2 to 4.8.2.1, but you can confirm it's updated properly either by seeing if the nswitch channel is being called valid or by checking if a file "DBUPDATE4.8.2.bat" has been saved to ModMii's "temp" folder

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi xflak,

Thanx and wow quick responce...
I hope you have seen my comment on the channel for neek2o topic..
I upped the channel wads to the google code page but made a few little corrections in the Title ID before uploading. The name of the original wad file is still the same though. Are the names for the other channel wads OK for you to to use in Modmii?
Maybe you can make it possible to choose a channel wad.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Everything is good, but in the future I'd prefer if u just reupload the channel with a different name rather than delete and reupload a different wad with the same name. Then I'll make the change in ModMii's download URL\name\md5 all at once either with a partial or full ModMii update (as opposed to having ModMii report files as invalid until I put out an update).

I don't think I'm going to add an option to choose between multiple versions of the same channel, but maybe eventually if there's a lot of demand for it... but I don't see it happening. Besides, if the channels all have the same title ID then users can just overwrite the default channel manually using showmiiwads anyways.

VirgilKellogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i guess i need to do a syscheck and post it.. because I need help. I am to understand there is no guide for this stuff? anway.. I want to load tintin from usb loader. loader gx and cfg do not seem to work even with the updatedest ios thingy.. v7 d2x? anyway, i tried to do sneek20 but I at first got always green screen with red, then it turn off. Now I just get a black screen everytime. I am about to give up and delete tin tin off. Oh yeah Im on system 4.3 with modmii ran updates for new ios n stuff. I normally use USB loaer GX for all my games and love it, but it hates tintin. :S THanks for any help/guide stuffies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~