• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The first things to try would be deleting or renaming usb:/sneek/diconfig.bin and usb:/nands/xxxx/sneekcache/channelcache.bin.

A few more questions:

What version of neek2o are you using? Did you build it with modmii?
What system menu are you using? Are you using a backup of your own nand or a modmii created one?
Do you have priiloader installed on that nand? Can you access it's setup screen by holding the reset button when the system boots into neek2o?
How do you boot into neek2o?
Is your dvdtray light flashing, or does it stay off?

JavierE.Babiloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did that and still the same thing
1. the latest one built with modmii
2. 4.3U and modmii created one i dont know how to create sneek one of mine...would like to though
3. yes i do and yea i can acces but everytime im in it it freezez after 10 seconds or so
4. i use the channel
5. it stays off

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else finding v64 not as 'stable' as earlier versions (v58 in my case)?

Seems to hang on startup about half the time and sometimes even disables my USB drive such that it can't be seen until power-cycled. Very odd.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
im not sure if it's r64, because i've changed some bootup methods, but mine seems to have startup problems too sometimes, or having black screen issues when starting a channel or a game. the weird thing though is that when i directly restart my wii after the black screen, it just continues where it stopped.

for example i start the joyflow channel. then it goes into a black screen. i restart the wii and it goes into joyflow oO
same goes with VCs or wiiwares.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's not weird. The channel that needs to launch is stored in a file and the system is restarted. You harddisk is probably having issues with this restart, and doesn't mount again causing the hang. When you reboot, The channel is still in that file, so neek2o boots that specific channel.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just redid every thing to test, just to see if i get the same problems.
mine is not booting either. i get blinking blue light an thats all, i've redownloaded nswitch,boot.dol. an still nothing
nand is as bare as it can get, no prii,no pl,just joyflow.. also renamed nand from pl-us,to nand1.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you delete the nandcfg.bin in the usb:/sneek folder?
It might still point to another nand folder that doesn't exist anymore.
A blinking blue light means that some files are missing.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you delete the nandcfg.bin in the usb:/sneek folder?
It might still point to another nand folder that doesn't exist anymore.
A blinking blue light means that some files are missing.
i replaced all the files an started fresh. just as it was my first time running neek2o.
after i changed the name of nand,from pl-us,to nand1. it just froze no blue light or any thing.
though my hd showed some activities.(it's blue light flashing as reading data).

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when u add\remove\rename a nand folder u need to delete nandcfg.bin from the usb:/sneek folder
thats what i did, remind you this is a naked sneek folder, an it wouldn't load long enough to make any config files in nand folder or in the sneek folder.
with sd card in or out same thing is happening.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
@ochic
im not sure if neek2o works with having your nand on your sd. neek2o was optimized as uneek mod rather than a sneek mod. try to put your nand files on your usb drive.

If I will try UNEEK+DI, what should I do to my old SNEEK+DI nands,bootmii, and sneek folder? I am afraid that it will conflict more, if I mix it with UNEEK+DI.

If you want to move to UNEEK+DI with neek2o, simply move/copy your nands folder from sd to usb, rename or delete the bootmii and sneek folders and then build the sneek installation with uneek+di from ModMii and put those folders on your usb and sd. That should do it and you can boot it using the nswitch homebrew app/channel or bootmii, after renaming the folder. I tried using neek2o as a replacement for sneek and got the same problem as you. I even tried it without di and using the version I compiled from source without any luck.

If you want to try airline's method, tell the installer the SNEEK and IOS files are in the modmii\temp directory, enter the drive of your SD card, and select SNEEK+DI (or whatever you want to build) for sneek type and hit install SNEEK. That will compile the elf files that ModMii downloaded into the bin files needed on your SD/USB device. This is the exact same thing ModMii does to setup NEEK, so I'm not sure how you would get any different results than you're getting now.

I tried installing UNEEK but got a blinking blue result and nothing happens. Until now I cannot make it work T_T, anyway thank you for your adviced. Appreciate more help!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ochic
im not sure if neek2o works with having your nand on your sd. neek2o was optimized as uneek mod rather than a sneek mod. try to put your nand files on your usb drive.

If I will try UNEEK+DI, what should I do to my old SNEEK+DI nands,bootmii, and sneek folder? I am afraid that it will conflict more, if I mix it with UNEEK+DI.

If you want to move to UNEEK+DI with neek2o, simply move/copy your nands folder from sd to usb, rename or delete the bootmii and sneek folders and then build the sneek installation with uneek+di from ModMii and put those folders on your usb and sd. That should do it and you can boot it using the nswitch homebrew app/channel or bootmii, after renaming the folder. I tried using neek2o as a replacement for sneek and got the same problem as you. I even tried it without di and using the version I compiled from source without any luck.

If you want to try airline's method, tell the installer the SNEEK and IOS files are in the modmii\temp directory, enter the drive of your SD card, and select SNEEK+DI (or whatever you want to build) for sneek type and hit install SNEEK. That will compile the elf files that ModMii downloaded into the bin files needed on your SD/USB device. This is the exact same thing ModMii does to setup NEEK, so I'm not sure how you would get any different results than you're getting now.

I tried installing UNEEK but got a blinking blue result and nothing happens. Until now I cannot make it work T_T, anyway thank you for your adviced. Appreciate more help!
what kind of hard drive do you have? i'm stiil having problems with mine. i have a 300gb wd . it's an older one that was in my laptop, so it's got the pig tail type usb plug, though it works with all apps an usb loaders, no matter what i do. it will not boot neek2o. does the same thing yours is doing. even going through post loader. so might be hardware issues.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The software seems very picky. I have the same issue and haven't found a solution yet. My hard drive works fine in all apps and I can load wbfs games from usb loaders. But UNEEK (with and without DI) and SNEEK with DI just can't seem to find my hard drive. I've tried both rev58 and rev64. It just won't boot from any channel or from the nswitch dol via Postloader, HBC, or HBF.

Here's a question for those of you who have set up Priiloader -> Postloader -> NEEK... Is this is strictly a work around for cold boots to make sure that the drive is spun up and ready? I figure it won't work if SNEEK can't recognize my drive from a running system. PostLoader finds my hard drive without any issues but SNEEK still won't boot the emu NAND.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I haven't tried any autoboot option yet. I cant get it to boot from a running system via any of the available methods (nswitch dol, old channel, or new channel), so I don't think I have any chance of it loading via autoboot.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, the dol overjoy made for the old/new channel should work with priiloader. I have a difficult HDD too, it works fine for me now..

i can autoboot neek2o with it, even without SD.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No I haven't tried any autoboot option yet. I cant get it to boot from a running system via any of the available methods (nswitch dol, old channel, or new channel), so I don't think I have any chance of it loading via autoboot.

well if you can't get it work from a running real nand system, the chances are pretty low that it works via any autoboot workaround method.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

well if you can't get it work from a running real nand system, the chances are pretty low that it works via any autoboot workaround method.
MM, true, it at least should work from HBC via the nswitch method..
Mmm, i am out of ideas here..

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
the problem with this is the NEEK, it searches for any partition on USB00 that is set to be active and primary partition. and most of it, fat32 is not really that good on most HDD, though it seems that they work just fine in other homebrews/apps but not NEEK.

Probably because of FAT32 limitation, and NEEK is "very very" picky when it comes of filesystem (fat32 with some kind of cluster size i think), and fat32 is not stable above 32GB partition. You may use a HDD parition with 20GB or less, it will surely work with NEEK without any problems, just dont use flashdrives since it wont work anyway.

the only possible solution I can say with this is:

- use SD card instead
- override the code to scan any possible partitions found on the USB HDD and boot from it. (not just the primary partition, also the extended partitions)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: if only it had as much capability/power as i do omw to your mom's place