Neek Question

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does neek, uneek+di in particular, work with ustealth? I can't for the life of me get it to detect the nand if I have ustealth going. is it just too old?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I was wrong. Looks like neek doesn't use libfat but FatFS: https://github.com/Tilka/sneek/blob/master/fs/ff.c - So you probably have to add UStealth support to that (that file I linked).
thanks. I figured that out, since it's using devkitArm. I assumed it wouldn't be using fat as that seems to be fore devkitPPC. I gave up on it, so I'm returning everything to the way it was.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Exchange all 0xAA55 with 0xAB55 in ff.c - Not 100% sure if this will do the trick as I just looked over the code real quick and don't know the inner details of FAT but it's worth a shot. ;)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
don't you mean 55 AA and 55 AB.
No, I mean open the ff.c sourcecode file in a text editor or IDE and search for all occurences of the text "0xAA55", then replace them with "0xAB55". Yes, I know byte ordering seems wrong but this might just be little endian (x86) vs big endian (PPC).

//EDIT: And in case that won't work try replacing them with "0xBA55".

//EDIT²: To explain this a bit: On a hex editor you see something like 55 AA 1F 37 4B CF 5E 92 in a binary file but when you write sourcecode you prefix such hex sequences with 0x and then write the numbers, like 0x55AA1F374BCF5E92. And we write this in hex (or use hex editors) as binary knows two numbers: 0 to 1. Hex(adecimal) knows 16 numbers: 0 to F. So this just saves a lot of writing. As a reference decimal, which is the system we all learned in scool to do math, knows 10 numbers: 0 to 9.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your first suggestion is likely the right one as endianess doesn't swap anything but bytes rather than being in the actual reverse order of characters. I just built it. I wiped my hdd, so it will take like 8 hours to get everything back. I won't be able to tell you if it worked till tomorrow most likely.

Reactions: V10lator

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea. could the sneek cache be causing an issue? it's located in the nand folders. it's a folder itself, so maybe I should delete it next time. I'll try again, but I'll have to wait until it's finished transferring, which will be 9-11 hours via usb 2.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: