Need your thoughts on Digital Ocean

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!

So, I recently purchased a domain name and, thanks to some helpful individuals on this forum ;), I've decided to go with a VPS for my hosting. I recently came across Digital Ocean, and it seems like a really good place to me. It's very flexible (it looks like), and has easy one-click installs for Drupal, WordPress, and other CMSs. Plus, I'm very familiar with Linux and web servers, so having zero GUI is fine by me.

But, I'd like to hear what your opinion on the place is. Is it a good place to host a website? Good customer service? Good uptime? Let me know what you think! :)

Thanks!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard much good about their customer service, but I also haven't used them for anything. Frankly I can't recommend something without knowing what you'd need it for, exactly.

Take a look at what it is you want to be running (Wordpress/Apache/email/whatever), look at the estimated memory and CPU usage of everything you'll have running, and find a well-reviewed provider that gives you, to be safe, probably 25% more than your full-load estimate on CPU and RAM, make sure it has enough storage and bandwidth, good connection speeds and uptime, etc. As I've never really used any VPS provider for much but setting up low-impact secure seedboxes and tunneling traffic I really can't help a whole lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel