need to replace power switch and fix should button

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kenio8185, Mar 14, 2009.

1. kenio8185
    OP

Member kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    One of my shoulder buttons on my ds lite fell off, and a part of the power switch broke so i have to replace that. I just recieved my order from dealextreme today. Can any1 give me detailed instructions with pics on how to do what i need to do? The power switch is still on my ds lite so i need to desolder that first, so again, detailed instructions with pics would be greatly appreciated. Thx to anyone that can help.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Detailed instructions? YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO SOLDER to replace those things. start with youtube and look for soldering howtos.

before you ask the dumb question of "how do you take it apart" go to the sticky above or here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=98240

3. kenio8185
    OP

Member kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    taking apart a ds is easy enough. What i need to know is how to take out the original shoulder buttons and power switch without damaging and where exactly to solder the new parts on. I know the area but is there a specific thing that i have to make sure to solder on or what.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    use a copper wick to remove the solder.