Need to replace a Wii Drive - Need advice

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by fkbsar, Dec 20, 2010.

1. fkbsar
    OP

fkbsar Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2010
    United States
    I need to replace the drive in a 4.3 virgin Wii. It is my understanding after doing some reading that the D3-2 drive will not work with a softmod will the D2B work?

2. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    D3-2 Drive works fine!! It just won't read backups thats all... Get a USB hard drive instead its a better investment than a new drive.

3. fkbsar
    OP

fkbsar Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2010
    United States
    Thanks for the advice but I will still need a drive because the wii is unmodded and is updated to 4.3 and in order to mod I need a working drive. Do you know of any other work around a bad drive on firmware 4.3?

4. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    WODE and SUNDRIVER are nice because you can play Gamecube games.

5. jessyka72

jessyka72 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2010
    Egypt
    Hi,
    Does anybody know if the Wode JukeBox can load SSBB from recovery menu of a bricked wii with error 003. As shown in the following link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7o2KrxYCA
    As I have a Korean Wii bricked with error 003 and I am thinking of buying a Wode to unbrick it.
    Pls advise urgently

6. unnkown95

unnkown95 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2010
    United States
    why not just leave the drive alone and just use a usb loader isntead? It would probably be cheaper to go out and buy an external hard drive and its better

7. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    cuz its not softmodded...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice