Hacking Need this R4 clone identified if possible

8iron8man3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, my wife has been busting her tail trying to get a working newer firmware for her R4 clone. She tried the wood firmware to no avail. (white screen when trying to launch games) I have disassembled the card and have taken pictures of it. If anyone can identify it and tell me if it's possible to get some newish working firmware onto it, I'd really appreciate it.

http://min.us/mveUGJD

Thank you for your help!

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's the R4 SDHC from www.r4sdhc.com.
You can put WOOD R4 on that one (I have it too)

Get WOOD R4 (latest version) You only need the _RPG folder.
Get the latest official firmware.
Get CoolKill3r's WOOD R4 .NDS files.
Put it all on your microSD, and rename CoolKill3r's NDS file to "default.nds".

Boot up your card, press A (to create default.SAV) and WOOD's running. (At least, for mine it is.)

I didn't test any games with this way of installing WOOD R4, but the menu itself loads fine.
If you get tired of your card, I suggest buying a DSTWO or if you are on low budget the Acekard 2i.

8iron8man3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a few months since i tried Wood, so I'll try that right now. Thanks, i'll post with results!!

By installing Wood this way, i was able to get the menu working just fine. However, none of my games will load (white screen). Is there anything i can do to help wood along with getting the games to work?

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then I think WOOD R4 just doesn't work with this card...
You can use R4PANDORA.NDS, that comes with the official firmware, and use RetroGameFan's updates, but this comes from an unverified source and I haven't tested it.

8iron8man3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this helps, but the last official working firmware i have for this is v1.18. anything newer from r4sdhc.com or anywhere else wont load.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
8iron8man3 said:
i dont know if this helps, but the last official working firmware i have for this is v1.18. anything newer from r4sdhc.com or anywhere else wont load.
Are you sure you are not accidentally trying to install the R4i kernel ??

IIRC you can't put the R4i OS onto a R4 card.
If the site you're talking about is this one - the latest avaliable for the R4 is v1.34

There is also a 'R4SDHC_2010_v2.10T07_English.rar' avaliable @ http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
but I don't know whether that's for the R4i or the R4 card, but according to the offical website the packaging is different for this set of [new] cards

Do you remember what type of packaging the card came in ??

Black packaging is the original R4 - so you'll need v1.34
Gold packaging with Red band on bottom is New R4 - You'll need the v2.1T07 download
Red packaging with Gold band on bottom is New R4i - You'll need the v2.1T07 download

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...