need suggestions for buying a laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Ericjwg, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Ericjwg
    OP

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    total cost <= CAD$1700 (including tax)

no mac or surface please....:lol:

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    What do you need it for? What do you want to do with it? What design would you like? And why do you not prefer Mac or Surface? Would you like fries touchscreen with that?

The more details you give, the more relevant any suggestions will be. Without that, I like Samsung gaming laptops :3

Last edited by Originality, Jan 2, 2016
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Do you want to play games or edit video or something equally demanding? What do you want as far as size/weight/battery life?

If you do not want games then it is more or less pick one you like the keyboard and screen for in a size and weight you want (big screen, big keyboard, more weight and more battery). I suggest the business class laptops as they are built to last unlike a lot of the cheaper stuff, and I assume you are sensible enough to see the "500 gigs of storage* *64 onboard and the rest is "the cloud"" for the con it is.

If you do want games then we get to consider some things as far as graphics cards go. Though $1700 gets you right up there, obviously you can spent thousands but 840M equipped laptops are available for considerably less.

Beyond all this Canadian dollar has taken a bit of a pounding on the exchange rates lately so prices might not be the best.