Need some Melee experts to answer some questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Lucifer666, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Hi guys

Believe it or not I'm writing a research paper on Melee

Anyway what I need to know is this: in a Fox vs. Fox no item match, what is the outcome (in terms of damage to either player) of the following:

• Fox 1 does a forward tilt (side-a, not smash/charge though) the same time Fox 2 does a neutral attack (a)
    • Fox 1 does an up tilt (up-a, not smash/charge and not an air attack) the same time Fox 2 does a neutral attack (a)
    • Fox 1 does a down tilt (down-a, not smash/charge though) the same time Fox 2 does a neutral attack (a)
    I've been trying to work this out myself in training mode on melee but I have no one to help me and using two controllers at once is near impossible

BTW, when I say "the same time", I mean the time of impact is the same, not the time the button is pressed

(if the moves cancel out tell me)

(I know money/rewards get people to help out quick so I'm willing to return the favour, click your sig to give you internets, you name it)

Last edited by Lucifer666, Dec 5, 2015
  2. Drud1995

Drud1995 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    United States
    Magicant
    Just make up some values that seem valid! I highly doubt your professor plays video games!

3. astropancakes

astropancakes Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2012
    United States
    You need to ask the master of Melee frame data himself: Kadano https://twitter.com/Kadano

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My guess is that in all three of those scenarios, the moves listed all have equal priority and will "clank"; that is, the moves will hit each other, immediately cancel (with neither player receiving damage), and play a sword "clang/clank" sound effect (as well as a small visual flash effect).