need some info

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by dr.dre, Nov 30, 2012.

Nov 30, 2012

need some info by dr.dre at 1:58 PM (717 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. dr.dre
    OP

Newcomer dr.dre Advanced Member

Greece
    Hi all!!Im thinking of buying a ps vita.I have read that the vita is not hacked but the psp mode has been,like in 3ds where you can play the ds mode with a flashcard.Can anyone verify that i can play psp games on the ps vita and the requirements to do that?thanks

2. lokomelo

Member lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    You can do this, but is not simple to do it. Certain PSP games contain bugs that allow you to instal VHBL. What you need to do is buy this certain game before sony fix the bug. I cant tell you what game, and when you will be able to do it, but keep reading this site: http://wololo.net/ when a new glitched game comes up, be fast and do the process.

One side note: I dont know if any group has managed to bypass the 2.0 firmware yet.

One more side note: Vita is not the best option to play PSP games. You can get real good PSP deals now.

3. dr.dre
    OP

Greece
    thanks for the reply.does this mean that i cant load isos?

4. Zarxrax

Member Zarxrax GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If one does install the hack to run psp homebrew, does that prevent you from upgrading the vita firmware (assuming you want to keep homebrew access)?
    And if you dont update the vita firmware, what all does that entail? Would it prevent me from purchasing things from the online shop? From playing new releases? From playing existing games online?

5. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

The problem right now is that there aren't any hacks for the latest version of the Vita firmware, and even if there was it's unlikely it would be a "kernel" level hack necessary to load PSP ISOs. So the best you could hope for with a new Vita right now is the ability to play PSP homebrew at some point in the future.

Correct on all counts. If you upgrade you'll lose access to the hack (since Sony blocks it). If you don't upgrade then you can't access PSN or play games that need newer firmwares.

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    So pretty much: If you want PSP stuff, get a PSP. Every PSP is hackable.

7. dr.dre
    OP

Greece
    thanks for the answers.the thing is i have a psp :P the street version(not wifi) but i wanted to exchange it for a vita.since you cant load isos yet i wait till i buy it