Need some help from the Pros

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Switcherooo, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Switcherooo
    OP

Switcherooo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2018
    Canada
    Ok guys ... Been reading a bunch .. getting my switch all setup to run CFW and im stumped.

followed Switch Hacking 101 https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/

did a full backup without issue and saved it to usb and HD

when I go to launch ReiNX or Fusee Gelee from the Hekate menu .. with ReiNX I see the splash screen and then black screen .... and with Fusee Gelee I get patching Kips screen .. then atmosphere splash screen .. then black screen

Now one thing i think that may be causing the issue but maybe im crazy is my SD card is 128GB formatted in ExFat ?

otherwise im at a loss.

I want to run the latest atmosphere but I cant seem to find a "how to" for it.

Thank you in advance switch gods

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    For starters, that's a very outdated guide and I know I didn't recommend it to you because its outdated. But yes, the black screen is most likely due to you trying to load CFW using an exFAT formatted SD card on a console that doesn't support exFAT. You can format your SD to FAT32 using something like GUIFormat then the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to patch any firmware you give it on the SD card to have exFAT support.

3. Switcherooo
    OP

Switcherooo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2018
    Canada
    Yup ... idiot me ... I just put it on a smaller drive formatted with fat32 and got in .. is there a more up to date guide ?? I would like to download atmosphere and im a little lost there too

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There's a reason why I linked you to https://www.sdsetup.com/ for Atmosphere

5. Switcherooo
    OP

Switcherooo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2018
    Canada
    Dude .. totally missed that before .. thank you !! Geeeeezzz i feel stupid