Need some enlightenment before I..

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Infinite Zero, May 16, 2010.

1. Infinite Zero
    OP

Infinite Zero Almost!

Apr 25, 2010
    United States
    California
    Is this like SAFE? That no fatal errors would occur?
    My tuneup is already notifying me to run a check. but i havent done that before.
    Please help me or tell me anything about checking the hard drive for errors
    i'm still a little worried and afraid, my mom would really get mad at me if i mess up our laptop

I have 280GB in my hard drive
    how long would that take if ever i will run the checking???

or is there an easier way to do the error checking? i've seen the command prompt chkdsk but still the same.. i havent done that, too
    Im afraid to screw up since my mom...
    whatever i just need guidance please

2. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Oh come on - 'No one is replying'... give your post a chance
    You post @ 1:18 & worry you don't have an answer 1/2 hour later

Anyway, I can't tell you how good good or bad the disk doctor actually is, as I've never used it - but I did find this reply after a quick search

The program may be asking you to do a check but it might not find anything actually wrong (it may suggest a Defrag), as some programs do ask at intervals for you to do a 'routine check' (a bit like an antivirus program may tell you that your definitions are outdated and do you want to check/update them)

IIRC - the program will only suggest fixes and give you the oppotunity to fix them - you could always see what's wrong & say 'No', then tell your Mum & let her do it

3. Infinite Zero
    OP

Infinite Zero Almost!

Apr 25, 2010
    United States
    California
    sorry. I forgot that it is midnight in the US
    it's just 9pm here @_@
    thanks for the reply
    I might do it tonight before sleeping

EDIT
    Hmmmm I did the test and there was no problem. And i didnt need to have rebooting or having a non responding screen
    Mods, please lock this topic