Hacking Need some A9LH reassurance

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey tempers, I am finally attempting to join the master race but I am pretty nervous about downgrading my sysnand to 2.1. Can you guys give me a list of things that I should check before flashing my emunand over to sysnand? I have a Us N3ds and have already made sure I used the right 2.1 downgrade files, I have unbricked the 2.1 emunand and have backups of my entire sd card, sysnand backup, emunand backup, emunand formatted backup, emunand 2.1 backup. Any ways that people have bricked before would also be nice to know. Thanks in advance :)

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If you got backups and followed the guide to a T, then you should be okay. I'm just at the OTP section now in the guide, backing up my Sys and Red nands via OTPhelper. Tbh, I'm a little nervous on the next section with the downgrading too but I got this far now and will take the plunge.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Backups
  • Backups
  • More backups
  • Backups of backups on other machines
  • Did I mention backups?
Also, spend as little time in 2.1 as possible. In particular, don't put the system in sleep mode; that's known to brick N3DSes due to changes in the power management hardware.

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I havent downgraded and Im glad I checked here first

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Were should I start in the guide? I have reinand for emunand and have been making lots of backups

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I havent downgraded and Im glad I checked here first

Were should I start in the guide? I have reinand for emunand and have been making lots of backups
First and formost; Set up Luma and use Luma for this.

Then Start from part 4 in the guide and wherever it says RedNand, act like it says EmuNand. Make more backups when the guide tells you. You CAN NOT get enough of those (They're just REALLY good to make)

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and formost; Set up Luma and use Luma for this.

Then Start from part 4 in the guide and wherever it says RedNand, act like it says EmuNand. Make more backups when the guide tells you. You CAN NOT get enough of those (They're just REALLY good to make)
Alright how do I get my old emunand back? I have a backup made and a back up of my Nintendo 3ds folder. Should I restore from that backup or what

Alright how do I get my old emunand back? I have a backup made and a back up of my Nintendo 3ds folder. Should I restore from that backup or what
I also have a clean freshly double formatted emunand backup I could use

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be fine as long as you follow the guide. If you happen to Brock somehow, you'll need a hard mod so you can inject your backup to you system again. But as long as you follow the guide, you'll be fine

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I also have a clean freshly double formatted emunand backup I could use
Oh, that saves some time

You'll be fine if you just follow the guide

As a side note; you are able to keep your EmuNand b/c you restore it to SysNand at the end

EDIT;
how do I switch from reinand to luma
For you atm, just put all the Luma files on your root

Last edited by Ricken,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People really need to stop using Youtube guides. They are quickly made out of date and often cause problems by being so out of date
Just use text guides like this
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Sure it requires reading, but they are often more up to date because it's easier to edit them compared to a video guide.
Delete files related to reiNAND, then download and copy over the files from Luma 3DS. Before you ask, yes you can use the same NAND and all of your files will be there and you can use the same games/saves. CFW's don't effect your NAND.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that saves some time

You'll be fine if you just follow the guide

As a side note; you are able to keep your EmuNand b/c you restore it to SysNand at the end
I know I can keep my emunand but currently I have a 2.1 emunand and need to be on a higher firmware. How do I do that

People really need to stop using Youtube guides. They are quickly made out of date and often cause problems by being so out of date
Just use text guides like this
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Sure it requires reading, but they are often more up to date because it's easier to edit them compared to a video guide.
I find it easier to follow a guide with visual aids like photos or videos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Time to just download more ram