Hacking Need some A9LH reassurance

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I can keep my emunand but currently I have a 2.1 emunand and need to be on a higher firmware. How do I do that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I find it easier to follow a guide with visual aids like photos or videos
Can't blame you for the visual aids thing :P

you have a backup of your old EmuNand right?

Reactions: xtreme1

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know I can keep my emunand but currently I have a 2.1 emunand and need to be on a higher firmware. How do I do that

Dude, follow the text guide and everything will be exactly how you want it. Everything you're asking is already covered in the guide.

Reactions: emuashui and Ricken

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Easier does not always equate to quality. Youtube guides tend to lag behind and often cut corners. It's better to follow a guide that is always up to date and take the time to understand what you are doing, verse following some video guide is most likely already out of date. Also here's a guide to installing Luma 3DS from her wiki
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, follow the text guide and everything will be exactly how you want it. Everything you're asking is already covered in the guide.
No the guide doesnt tell you what to do if you were following an old version of it and people are telling you to start over

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
just hit road block here. Emunand in OTPhelper shows MB: 1240

1.21GB when viewing it in windows properties.

However, my sysnand is correct, which matches the following:

Toshiba NAND:
1.979.711.488 bytes = 1.84GB

Do I stop here and figure out why the emunand is only 1.21gb? It loads fine and was updated to 11.0 in the previous steps, so not sure why the file size is low? and the guide says the nands need to match the sizes listed.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easier does not always equate to quality. Youtube guides tend to lag behind and often cut corners. It's better to follow a guide that is always up to date and take the time to understand what you are doing, verse following some video guide is most likely already out of date. Also here's a guide to installing Luma 3DS from her wiki
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
thanks, I had forgot that aureinand and luma were the same thing

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the guide doesnt tell you what to do if you were following an old version of it and people are telling you to start over
Someone willing to help me facepalm?

joking aside, excuse my caps (they're for emphasis) THAT GUIDE IS UPDATED AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK

YT Vids are just there... and they get outdated fast :P

EDIT; Oops, misread :P

Last edited by Ricken,
Reactions: samiam144

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You already have EmuNAND so start from Part 4, that is the where the whole A9LH setup starts.
Anyways, as I said, everything you're asking is already answered by following the guide.

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already have EmuNAND so start from Part 4, that is the where the whole A9LH setup starts.
Anyways, as I said, everything you're asking is already answered by following the guide.
I have reinand and they were telling me to update to luma so I was doing that. My emunand is at 2.1 as I keep saying and no one is telling me how to restore my old emunand that is at 9.2 even though I keep asking

If that is in the guide please quote it for me as I can't find it

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have reinand and they were telling me to update to luma so I was doing that. My emunand is at 2.1 as I keep saying and no one is telling me how to restore my old emunand that is at 9.2 even though I keep asking
Okay, go here.
Go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3ds.
Bottom of the page, Section IV - Restoring the System

Edit: You will need arm11.bin and arm9.bin from the OTPHelper zip to the root of your SD card. The download is at the top of the page.

Last edited by samiam144,

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, go here.
Go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3ds.
Bottom of the page, Section IV - Restoring the System
He hasnt cloned EmuNand to SysNand :P

You would restore the backup from OTPHelper after using OTPHelper to use the One Click setup thing-y

Anyways, make sure you have a 9.2 backup and a backup of your EmuNand with all your games and such and you can start from pretty late in the guide

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You would restore the backup from OTPHelper after using OTPHelper to use the One Click setup thing-y

Anyways, make sure you have a 9.2 backup and a backup of your EmuNand with all your games and such and you can start from pretty late in the guide
Thank you for actually reading what I was saying, I will try this now

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

My bad, I thought he was further than that lol. Didn't realize he wants to restore everything and literally start over. He doesn't have to do that but it would be safer.

Sorry dude.

Reactions: Ricken

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, I thought he was further than that lol. Didn't realize he wants to restore everything and literally start over. He doesn't have to do that but it would be safer.

Sorry dude.
Wait, wut why. lol

Why not just skip to the OTPHelper One-Click setup thing rn? His emunand is 2.1...

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry dude.
Its ok I was just getting frustrated that you were understanding what I meant. I am nervous about bricking and people are claiming the new tutorial has a lower chance of bricking so I wanted to restart and just use that tutorial.

Wait, wut why. lol

Why not just skip to the OTPHelper One-Click setup thing rn?
I was using an outdated tutorial that supposedly has a higher brick chance

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its ok I was just getting frustrated that you were understanding what I meant. I am nervous about bricking and people are claiming the new tutorial has a lower chance of bricking so I wanted to restart and just use that tutorial.
OOh, ok.

Just put your EmuNand backup on your root, then use Decrypt9/EmuNand9 to restore that EmuNand backup, then you can start from part 4 (although you should stop by part 3 for the Luma files)

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOh, ok.

Just put your EmuNand backup on your root, then use Decrypt9/EmuNand9 to restore that EmuNand backup, then you can start from part 4 (although you should stop by part 3 for the Luma files)
Alright im at 76% on the restore and I think I have the luma files set up right in my sd card, lets just hope my the new boot.cfg i wrote actually works

For ctrbootmaneger

Reactions: Ricken

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry to butt in here :ha:; But i just finished the Guide and have everything Setup and ready to go :toot:

However, I dont know how to Put Games on and play Like GBA games and .cia roms.

Also Is there any cool hombrew apps i can install?

Thanks!

Returnofganon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to butt in here :ha:; But i just finished the Guide and have everything Setup and ready to go :toot:

However, I dont know how to Put Games on and play Like GBA games and .cia roms.

Also Is there any cool hombrew apps i can install?

Thanks!
You just need to put cia files on your sd and use a cia installer like fbi to install them

Also I got luma working and will start step 4 now. I will come back if I have any questions, thanks for the help everyone!

Does it matter if I have some dsi ware installed? I have an r4 launcher on my emunand and sysnand but when I try to delete it in settings it crashes

The only reason I ask is that when I format the emunand it keeps the r4 launcher

Reactions: SushiKing

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know for sure that any TWL modifications (the firm that runs DSi and DS games) are not recommended, but I'm not sure about DSi apps.. If you have the newest FBI, you can try to delete it. In FBI, there is an option called "Titles". It will list everything you have installed and you should be able to remove the r4 launcher, hopefully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse