OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I could use a new pc, because the my laptop (i3 2.8Ghz, Ati onboard card) can't handle the latest games.

Tower: MS-Tech CA-0300 Stingray SE
Motherboard: Asrock 870 Extreme3
Power Supply: Antec HCG-620
RAM memory: Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
CPU cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
Videocard: MSI R6950-2PM2D2GD5
Harddisk: Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S223C

This is what I have in mind, I read reviews and searched info about the stuff.
I could use some advice before I buy this all tho. Will this whole system work, and is there something that limits the pc in his performance (maybe is the videocard a bit overdone
unsure.gif
) ?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Core i3 is still a very good CPU. Using integrated graphics, I'm not surprised it can't handle the latest games. Have you considered getting an actual graphics card and sticking it in? Or are you worried about your power supply being insufficient for a graphics card?

EDIT: I misread the post and didn't see that it's a laptop.
Here's a generic guide/table for PC parts:
Guide.png

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alternate has the MSI GPU for 180 bucks, might want to order that one in advance, you never know when that deal is gone (it lasts as long as stock lasts).

Anyway, if you can wait for a longer time, wait for Bulldozer. It's going to make a lot of buzz, I'm sure of that!

Anyway, the only bottleneck in this build is the HDD...
What's the budget?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Core i3 is still a very good CPU. Using integrated graphics, I'm not surprised it can't handle the latest games. Have you considered getting an actual graphics card and sticking it in? Or are you worried about your power supply being insufficient for a graphics card?
You (typically) can't add graphics cards to laptops, so it's a rather moot point.

DarkArmadillo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Berthenk said:
Alternate has the MSI GPU for 180 bucks, might want to order that one in advance, you never know when that deal is gone (it lasts as long as stock lasts).

Anyway, if you can wait for a longer time, wait for Bulldozer. It's going to make a lot of buzz, I'm sure of that!

Anyway, the only bottleneck in this build is the HDD...
What's the budget?

The budget is around 700 euro.
I made the list on tweakers, everything with the prices are on that site. wishlist + prices

I heard about the new Bulldozer processors coming around June. Maybe I could wait. But how expensive will that processor be?
I'm not going for a SSD yet. Too expensive, not really worth my money.

edit: oh and yes, I'm going for that MSI HD6950 2GB card from alternate ;D

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bulldozer is rumored to go for the same price as same-performance (is that a word? spell-check doesn't mark it...) Sandy Bitch processors, but, knowing AMD, they'll probably go for less, since AMD generally has a better price/performance ratio.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
itchigo said:
In my opinion i think you should go with 5870 gpu because it just as much fast as the 6950 and it cost less too.
It isn't cheaper at all, the cheapest 5870 costs 20 euro's more than the 6950 (not counting shipping), and consumes more power, too.

itchigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
itchigo said:
In my opinion i think you should go with 5870 gpu because it just as much fast as the 6950 and it cost less too.
It isn't cheaper at all, the cheapest 5870 costs 20 euro's more than the 6950 (not counting shipping), and consumes more power, too.
really wow but here in US the 5870 cost about $50 less than the 6950

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
itchigo said:
Berthenk said:
itchigo said:
im only seeing about $15 difference

itchigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
itchigo said:
Berthenk said:
itchigo said:
im only seeing about $15 difference

i think it the depend on which gpu you want and if u go with the 6950 with 2gb memory it cost more than the 6950 with 1gb memory.
But still the 5870 cost less and just as fast
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.