geezmoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I wonder if someone knows which flashcard that had the same functionality as the Acekard2i, always reload the current repertory once power-up the DSi XL.
I have a toddler who plays quite often with XL but the Acekard has a clumsy contacts, and she gets very often "There is nothing inserted in the Game Cart slot".
I have tried to add paper, eject and even bend a bit the flashcard to make it works. But it is annoying.

I also have a DSOnei, it always load the root repertory at start-up.
My toddler doesn't know how to browse folder to another folder and i hate putting files on root directory.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that contact issue is one of the main reason why I don't use my Acekard anymore
but, like catboy said, get the r4i gold from r4ids.cn.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i solved my contact issues by taking a hard pencil, and making the contacts a bit longer so they go all the way to the corner of the PCB.

You just need a sharp pencil. In case you accidentaly connect two contacts, you can always use the eraser.

using a pencil to solve my contact issues has worked great for me so far. Graphite is conductive, so drawing on the PCB with pencil essentially makes the leads longer.

the graphite will wear off over time, so you may have to do it again every now and then. last time i used the pencil on my AK was a coupple of months ago, and i haven't had contact issues since.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rave420 said:
i solved my contact issues by taking a hard pencil, and making the contacts a bit longer so they go all the way to the corner of the PCB.

You just need a sharp pencil. In case you accidentaly connect two contacts, you can always use the eraser.

using a pencil to solve my contact issues has worked great for me so far. Graphite is conductive, so drawing on the PCB with pencil essentially makes the leads longer.

the graphite will wear off over time, so you may have to do it again every now and then. last time i used the pencil on my AK was a coupple of months ago, and i haven't had contact issues since.

That is...

...brilliant
rofl2.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rave420 said:

That's genius. Although I think the paper trick would work better.

@geezmoo: If you don't care about price (or if you don't have a ridiculous $10 budget), go ahead and treat yourself to a SuperCard DStwo[$35] (or get the GBAtemp collector's edition SuperCard DStwo[$49] if you're feeling special). Although you'll want to teach your new toddler how to navigate through menus and maybe how to use the emulators (the DStwo remembers the last-accessed folder, so you won't have to worry about that).

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acekards through AKAIO and R4's through Wood have the option to turn off the start menu so your toddler doesn't mess anything up or delete something.

In light of that I would get an R4i Gold from r4ids.cn

geezmoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you everyone,

I just placed an order for R4i Gold with wood and also the limited edition DSTWO2 at lightake.
I like the iMenu of the DSTWO2.
It will probably take a wild for lightake to ship out since they are closed for Chinese new year holidays.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
geezmoo said:
Thank you everyone,

I just placed an order for R4i Gold with wood and also the limited edition DSTWO2 at lightake.
I like the iMenu of the DSTWO2.
It will probably take a wild for lightake to ship out since they are closed for Chinese new year holidays.
Oh right, thats true
ohmy.gif
Gotta make some preparations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!