Hacking Need help with Wii-U usb loader helper

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got back wii u usbloader helper after a long time just to get an error message. I tried two different version installation . I remember reading one time about a recommended version when this app stopped working but I’m having trouble finding that thread. I’m not to sure if this still works. I do have the wii u homebrew app to download from the wii u itself but I downloaded this to see what vc injects are available since the homebrew app seems to only have wii u games unless I’m wrong about that and just didn’t search enough.

Attachments

• EA0CD19F-0865-4333-B7E2-743A13EB5730.jpeg
    EA0CD19F-0865-4333-B7E2-743A13EB5730.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
Last edited by fst312,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got back wii u usbloader helper after a long time just to get an error message. I tried two different version installation . I remember reading one time about a recommended version when this app stopped working but I’m having trouble finding that thread. I’m not to sure if this still works. I do have the wii u homebrew app to download from the wii u itself but I downloaded this to see what vc injects are available since the homebrew app seems to only have wii u games unless I’m wrong about that and just didn’t search enough.
Check PM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded Wii U USB Helper about 2 weeks ago and it's worked fine for me. Most VC games are on there which is nice because I have a lot of old N64 and SNES cartridges that I can't rip to my PC but if you're trying GC games you'll need the .iso when downloading. Otherwise just use TeconMoons Wii/GC Injector for better results. Also if you haven't already I would just go over to github and download the last version available for the best results. Hope this helps! I may be new here on GBATemp but I've been hacking away at the Wii U for a few years now so let me know if you need any help!

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to update, that the loader started working for me when I opened a day after the error. I didn’t look into GameCube injects yet but I did see I could filter just to look at custom stuff. Not 100% yet but I would think the customs count as vc injects, unless vc inject has to be part of the game title. If anything I will eventually take the time to make my own injects.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to update, that the loader started working for me when I opened a day after the error. I didn’t look into GameCube injects yet but I did see I could filter just to look at custom stuff. Not 100% yet but I would think the customs count as vc injects, unless vc inject has to be part of the game title. If anything I will eventually take the time to make my own injects.
GC injects boot into Wii mode then Nintendont. Custom titles I'm not so sure about that. I haven't looked into custom titles. I know that the Homebrew launcher as well as Nintendont Forwarder are both on there but I've yet to see any other custom titles.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to doing my first gc rom inject using wii u usb helper, I used TeconMoons Wii/GC Injector to see if the process is faster than usb helper, it takes about the same time to get an vc inject done, probably based on the memory of the game. So when I press the home button apparently the wiiu restarts and since I never did the cold boot process, I have to reload the cfw. I’m wondering if it does that because I never setup vwii. Something I also noticed is the buttons mapping is wrong. I did search and read something about pressing the minus button. When I get a chance I need to see if that minus thing is in gamepad setting because I don’t think it did anything when the game is loaded up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to doing my first gc rom inject using wii u usb helper, I used TeconMoons Wii/GC Injector to see if the process is faster than usb helper, it takes about the same time to get an vc inject done, probably based on the memory of the game. So when I press the home button apparently the wiiu restarts and since I never did the cold boot process, I have to reload the cfw. I’m wondering if it does that because I never setup vwii. Something I also noticed is the buttons mapping is wrong. I did search and read something about pressing the minus button. When I get a chance I need to see if that minus thing is in gamepad setting because I don’t think it did anything when the game is loaded up.

with wii, and probably cube games (can't remember), it's normal for the wii u to reset. I heard from Cyan that it's not technically resetting. I think it's essentially reloading. cube games are probably affected as well since nintendont is a wii app. I never thought about having to redo haxchi due to that, been using cbhc for at least 5 years. it may be something you have to put up with, at least until aroma is released, with some form of coldboot exploit.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with wii, and probably cube games (can't remember), it's normal for the wii u to reset. I heard from Cyan that it's not technically resetting. I think it's essentially reloading. cube games are probably affected as well since nintendont is a wii app. I never thought about having to redo haxchi due to that, been using cbhc for at least 5 years. it may be something you have to put up with, at least until aroma is released, with some form of coldboot exploit.
I will put up with it for now, back than I didn’t setup coldboot because I didn’t trust anyone near my wiiu, I felt it would have bricked. I’m hoping the next cfws that get released doesn’t need a hard mod if a brick actually occurs to restore the wiiu. I don’t know how to solder, I’m definitely not an expert at it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will put up with it for now, back than I didn’t setup coldboot because I didn’t trust anyone near my wiiu, I felt it would have bricked. I’m hoping the next cfws that get released doesn’t need a hard mod if a brick actually occurs to restore the wiiu. I don’t know how to solder, I’m definitely not an expert at it.

I think aroma would still require a hard mod afaik. however, you can put the aroma on a system title like health and safety, which can't be deleted, probably wouldn't be affected by formatting either. there's no eta right now. it's a failst exploit, I believe.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, aroma is not a coldboot exploit, but I heard they're going to couple it with one before it's released.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

failst is out, but not the aroma version of it. I asked about it here, and a couple of the devs responsible for it responded (if you want to learn more):

https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-failst-works-at-the-moment.590033/

Reactions: fst312

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte