Hacking Need help with vWii brick

TedBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello, everyone. I know, that this kind of problem was discussed many times on the forum, with same questions over and over, and I'm sorry for creating another post. And sorry for my English aswell, I'm trying my best.
As the title says, I managed to brick my vWii. I installed HBC successfully and used d2x cIOS installer, but specifically for vWii. All went great, but usb loader gx acted kinda funky. Sometimes it didn't saw the games, sometimes the games list was showing, but without initial title screen. And games itself never worked- black screen,after I push start. CFG didn't work eather, so is the Wiiflow. So, I thought that it might be problem with my HDD. I used 1tb Segate without external power. It worked great on og wii, but Wii u might not liked it. So I decided to use different usb stick, but stupidly decided to reinstall cIOS's before that. I found a pack, that supposedly would "help" with loading issues, And of course they were for a Wii, not for a vWii.
So, what I have now - the vWii not working at all. When I enter it from the Wii u menu - black screen. I can't try any disk games, because it require to launch vWii=black screen,
I tried HBL2HBC - black screen. I tried injected YAWMM, like it was in the tutorial, but got error from injector. I'll try again on another PC, but for now no luck here. I tried to use just YAWMM .elf, without ingection, but it also didn't work for some reason. Black screen, although obviously for different reason.
I'm asking for help. Obviously,I can't attack it dirrectly, so is there another way? And what IOS is causing this? I know,that most of the time it's 58, but I lurking the forum for quite a while now, and never saw that vWll would die like mine. So,maybe there is other bad IOS involved?
And most embarrassing thing. I did not made a backup from my console,when I got a chance. I don't have another wii u, and I don't have friends with one.And I totally know, that I'm not allowed to ask for help with this touchy subject, but I have no choice, which is more embarrassing. If someone can help me, or just tell me where I can start digging, I would appreciate it.
Thank you and sorry for bothering

Reactions: Deleted User

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Welcome to GBAtemp and the Wii U/vWii Section.

Hello, everyone. I know, that this kind of problem was discussed many times on the forum, with same questions over and over, and I'm sorry for creating another post. And sorry for my English aswell, I'm trying my best.
As the title says, I managed to brick my vWii. I installed HBC successfully and used d2x cIOS installer, but specifically for vWii. All went great, but usb loader gx acted kinda funky. Sometimes it didn't saw the games, sometimes the games list was showing, but without initial title screen. And games itself never worked- black screen,after I push start. CFG didn't work eather, so is the Wiiflow. So, I thought that it might be problem with my HDD. I used 1tb Segate without external power. It worked great on og wii, but Wii u might not liked it. So I decided to use different usb stick, but stupidly decided to reinstall cIOS's before that. I found a pack, that supposedly would "help" with loading issues, And of course they were for a Wii, not for a vWii.
So, what I have now - the vWii not working at all. When I enter it from the Wii u menu - black screen. I can't try any disk games, because it require to launch vWii=black screen,
I tried HBL2HBC - black screen. I tried injected YAWMM, like it was in the tutorial, but got error from injector. I'll try again on another PC, but for now no luck here. I tried to use just YAWMM .elf, without ingection, but it also didn't work for some reason. Black screen, although obviously for different reason.
I'm asking for help. Obviously,I can't attack it dirrectly, so is there another way? And what IOS is causing this? I know,that most of the time it's 58, but I lurking the forum for quite a while now, and never saw that vWll would die like mine. So,maybe there is other bad IOS involved?
And most embarrassing thing. I did not made a backup from my console,when I got a chance. I don't have another wii u, and I don't have friends with one.And I totally know, that I'm not allowed to ask for help with this touchy subject, but I have no choice, which is more embarrassing. If someone can help me, or just tell me where I can start digging, I would appreciate it.
I am sorry to hear of your Issues.
No NAND Backup is unfortunately not good,but

I think,@NintnedoGuyin66 can help you.:)

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: Deleted User

dcx6723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For playing Wii games, simply use an USB stick formatted with WiiBackupManager and use Ustealh.
Keep the HDD for Wii U games, Virtual Console.

Read more if it's made for vwii next time.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have ios 58 that came with my virtual wii. you didn't even back up the ios like this:

upload_2020-6-16_0-53-25.png

you can fix a broken vwii from the wii u side, but I don't know the specifics of it.

TedBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello.:)

Welcome to GBAtemp and the Wii U/vWii Section.

I am sorry to hear of your Issues.
No NAND Backup is unfortunately not good,but

I think,@NintnedoGuyin66 can help you.:)

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Thank you very much.
I'm using this forum for years, but never posted anything. Glad to be part of it, even for a sad reason like this.

For playing Wii games, simply use an USB stick formatted with WiiBackupManager and use Ustealh.
Keep the HDD for Wii U games, Virtual Console.

Read more if it's made for vwii next time.

Thank you, I sure will. If I'll be able to fix it,of course. That's what I wanted to do,actually, but for whatever reason decided to reinstall IOS before changing usb device.

I have ios 58 that came with my virtual wii. you didn't even back up the ios like this:

View attachment 213539

you can fix a broken vwii from the wii u side, but I don't know the specifics of it.

Hi. Yep,unfortunately, I didn't make the backup and don't have any of that. I think, I just became overconfident . I moded a lot of different consoles and it always went pretty smoothly. So I kinda lost my alertness. What can go wrong, right? Well, that's a tough lesson for me, never lose your guard.
Interestingly,though, Wii VC titles on Wii U works fine. So, I can play Wii games, I just lost access to vWii and HBC. So maybe if I Inject Lego Indiana Jones and try to reinstal HBC that way, maybe that will restore acces to HBC. Unlikely, though, but...
And I still need clear IOS's on top of that :(
Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's a vwii unbricking guide on here somewhere. I don't really know how the wii vc games work, but I don't think you need to have hacked the vwii to use them. when my wii's hdd was dead, I just used wii vc games, and I never had a problem.

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

able to help you please check in your letter

Reactions: Alexander1970

TedBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I think there's a vwii unbricking guide on here somewhere. I don't really know how the wii vc games work, but I don't think you need to have hacked the vwii to use them. when my wii's hdd was dead, I just used wii vc games, and I never had a problem.

Yes, like I said, I studied the issue before posting. I used the guide, but met another obstacles. Guide says that I need to inject WAD installer, but TeconMoon's injector keeps giving me the error, so I need another pc to keep going.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, like I said, I studied the issue before posting. I used the guide, but met another obstacles. Guide says that I need to inject WAD installer, but TeconMoon's injector keeps giving me the error, so I need another pc to keep going.
I recently released vWii Decaffeinator specifically for issues like that. Just run it and either select Soft Mode or choose Advanced Options and select the IOS that you want to restore. It downloads the IOS with a System Update and no NAND Backup is required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So what's the latest on ya?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.