Here's some info:

I have HomeBrew Channel 1.0.1
cIOS rev7
Wii v 3.2E
Starfall 0.5
Backup Channel 0.3 Gamma
DVDx, installed Normal.
and Backup Loader GECKO OS

etc etc... I think thats all the info you need, right?

But I still cant run backups :/ I have wasted 10 DVD R+ so far, and no luck.
When i bought the wii, I got one backup cd in the bag, the original owner had destroyed his mario party 8, so I got the backup along with the original *ahem*, but he had never softmodded his wii, or chiped it, so it was useless to him. But, after i softmodded my wii, I can run it through Backup Channel 0.3 Gamma just wonderful, its fast, no bugs so far.. But When I try to run BoomBlox backup this is what happens.

BC 0.3 G: The screen is black, the disc light switches on and off randomly, the dvd spinns for a while, stops, spinn again, infinately. Sollution, restart wii. I then changed computer (thus changed writer) and the constant black screen is replaced by a brief flash of some white text that vannish in an instant, back to the black screen.

GECKO: Returns the error: DVD Identify. But, It does that for my backup that works in gamma, so, I think this is just a crappy program.

I have tried two medias, Medstor (no name) and a real noname with absolutely no company info on it, both DVD+R RW, not ROM. I have tried writing at different speeds, on different computers, ranging from 1x 2,4x 3x and 4x, since these are the speeds recommended in most guides, but to no avail.

The functioning backup is a DVD+R From Maxell, but its not booked as DVD+R ROM, its booked as DVD+R RW. Some say that it has to be ROM, but as this is working, I doubt thats the problem. Maybe it's the noname thing, IDK. Or maybe there is some step I am missing somewhere, maybe its my cIOS that needs updating, or maybe a new cios entirely... I have no idea, all I know, is that I've done everything in the burning guides, and still it doesn't work.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get DVD-R. They work. I had two +R discs and could not get them to work, could have been crappy media. Regardless, DVD-R and you will be all set.

araphon1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is, I live really desolate, it will take some time before I can buy DVD-R discs. Therefore I wonder if there is some really simple thing I am missing... But Ill try to get hold of a friend of mine to see if he has any DVD-R. Ill reply if or when I've tested dvd-r

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
araphon1 said:
Thing is, I live really desolate, it will take some time before I can buy DVD-R discs. Therefore I wonder if there is some really simple thing I am missing... But Ill try to get hold of a friend of mine to see if he has any DVD-R. Ill reply if or when I've tested dvd-r

You are missing 2 simple things:
1. Softmodded Wiis have problems with rewritable discs, a lot of Wiis just can't read them
2. If you use DVD+R you need to set the booktye to dvd-rom

You could find this information in the burning guide.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
araphon1 said:

The really simple thing you are missing is you are not paying attention to anything that anyone tells you. If you searched and read and researched on your own you'd have the answer. If you read anything anyone in this thread has told you you'd have the answer

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
mcj said:
araphon1 said:

The really simple thing you are missing is you are not paying attention to anything that anyone tells you. If you searched and read and researched on your own you'd have the answer. If you read anything anyone in this thread has told you you'd have the answer

Valid point me thinks!!!

http://tinyurl.com/7hjjcu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)