Hacking Question Need help with NXLoader 0.2 (wrong cable?)

RuqeT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!

I bought this cable here w w w . amazon.de/dp/B00U7HPXQC?smid=A7D2KJZEEQ7Z2&linkCode=df0&creative=22514&creativeASIN=B00U7HPXQC&childASIN=B00U7HPXQC&tag=geizhals10-21

I installed NXloader on my Android phone and did start the Switch in RCM mode but if i connect the Cable to the phone nothing happens..

someone can help?

warwagon86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I recall quite a few people stated that certain OTG cables would not work! Not sure which tho sorry I can't be of more help.

d4nk42o_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I bought this cable here w w w . amazon.de/dp/B00U7HPXQC?smid=A7D2KJZEEQ7Z2&linkCode=df0&creative=22514&creativeASIN=B00U7HPXQC&childASIN=B00U7HPXQC&tag=geizhals10-21

I installed NXloader on my Android phone and did start the Switch in RCM mode but if i connect the Cable to the phone nothing happens..

someone can help?
I use my Note 8 which is usb type c on both ends and it works.. that cable is a micro usb to usb type c cable so idk if it will work. Maybe someone else could chime in with an answer.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i bought a usb c cable fro transfer data and it works only on side if i turn the cable and connect to the other side tegra says that the payload has been sent , and nothing happends , the screen remains in balck .
Try using the same cable with a pc on windows 10 and check .

Nyghts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally had issues with OTG cables, found out they have a little trick to them sometimes where you plug into the hardware you want to connect first (here its your switch) then connect it to your phone, rarely works the other way around. This might be your problem though its worth a shot I suppose

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi maybe you can try this, i had a similar Issue.

1. Open NX Loader and select your Payload
2. Bring your Switch into RCM
3. Plug your Cable FIRST in your Phone
4. Plug your Cable into your Switch

RuqeT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi maybe you can try this, i had a similar Issue.

1. Open NX Loader and select your Payload
2. Bring your Switch into RCM
3. Plug your Cable FIRST in your Phone
4. Plug your Cable into your Switch

already tried.. no success, and i tried another phone/tablet but same problem. i tking the cable is the problem

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally had issues with OTG cables, found out they have a little trick to them sometimes where you plug into the hardware you want to connect first (here its your switch) then connect it to your phone, rarely works the other way around. This might be your problem though its worth a shot I suppose
I also have problems with OTG because I have a cheap crap one, I just bent the USB a bit more it rarely fails... but when for example I connect a USB Flash drive if it doesn't show up I just reconnect OTG cable and it works...

If your phone doesn't support OTG probably you will be out of luck, you will have to root it and install the OTG driver, but even still I have no clue if it will work on all USB 2.0 based android devices even with OTG support.

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Your Cable should be fine because its a Data Cable and no Charging Cable..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you actually SELECT any PAYLOAD?

Evictor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!

someone can help?
Go in to your settings and under advanced, turn on OTG mode. This works for OxygenOS for my OP5t. Under your standard TouchWiz (Samsung) or Stock ROMs, you have to enable it in the hidden developer tab (unlocked by clicking on Build Number in About Phone several times)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to do it with iPhone ??
Reasons to have an android phone and iPads for everything else :P

Reactions: matias3ds

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

someone can help?

You need a USB OTG adaptor, not just a cable with the right connectors on both ends. You will need something like:

w w w . amazon.de/UGREEN-Kabel-Micro-Adapter-Schwarz/dp/B00LN3LQKQ

Then you will need a USB type A to USB C cable such as:

w w w . amazon.de/AmazonBasics-USB-Kabel-Generation-Wei%C3%9F/dp/B01GGKYS6E/

You need the USB OTG adapter to act as the USB host, a simple cable will not do this. Devices with a USB C port built into them like my Samsung Galaxy S8+ will work with a simple cable with USB C ports on both ends as USB C can act as the host itself, devices with a Micro USB port need the adapter.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it has been said yet, but try using the OTG connected to your phone, and the usb-c connected to the switch. Thats how it worked for me. If I had the OTG connected to the switch, it would not work.

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it has been said yet, but try using the OTG connected to your phone, and the usb-c connected to the switch. Thats how it worked for me. If I had the OTG connected to the switch, it would not work.

The cable OP is using is just a Micro USB

The cable OP is using is just a simple Micro USB to USB C cable, that does not support USB OTG. See my post above yours.

decal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if this setup will work when connecting to my Note 5

(Phone) Micro to USB A cable --> USB A to C OTG adapter (Switch)

The Switch would end up being the host in this case, I presume.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy