Hacking Need Help With N-Card

chocolatier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend bought a N-Card and she is having problems using it now. So she asked me to help her with it but I am having the time of my life trying to figure this N-Card out. (I use a R4 card)

First it has a card that goes into the slot-1 and a second card that goes into slot-2 which has a USB port.

When I connect the DS to the computer via USB, and turn on the DS it goes straight to the DS main menu screen with the clock and calander. Underneath I see it says 'There is a DS Option Pak inserted'. However, I cannot select it to get into the card. How am I suppose to access the card to upgrade the firmware and add roms onto it? Or is it just not that simple?

chocolatier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please explain. I have everything conencted, all cards in the DS with the USB connected to the computer. I turn on the DS and i see no option to boot into USB mode. How do I just start the slot-1 card..?

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
....really? Wow...just...wow.

Ok, I'll try to explain it even more simple.

1. Connect everything to everything (DS cart, GBA cart, PC usb)
2. Start your DS
3. Start your n-card DS game cartridge just like you would start a regular game (this would be a simple matter of pressing the A button)
4. Assuming everything is connected properly (see step 1) you will now see a menu where you have to choose "USB mode" (again, a simple matter of pressing A)

So yes, everything you had to do was connect everything and press A a couple of times ~_~

chocolatier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there suppose to be something in the slot-1 when the card is in the DS. Because there is nothing to boot! I feel so retarded I can't figure this out.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
First it has a card that goes into the slot-1 and a second card that goes into slot-2 which has a USB port.

Remember when you said this?
1. Connect everything to everything (DS cart, GBA cart, PC usb)
Remember when I said this?

Ok, now here's a question I think you can answer:
Do you think when I said "everything", that this included "a card that goes into the slot-1"? (hint: YES!)

After answering that question, read my 4 steps again.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well that's your problem then. Try cleaning the contacts, and try using the cartridge in a different DS. Regardless of whether you've put data on the slot-1 cartridge or not, it should at least boot. If you can't get it to boot after trying this, then there's a hardware problem with your slot-1 card. You should return it and get a replacement.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow you guys were way too mean to Chocolatier! I can't believe you said such horrible things! Thank god a mod removed it!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A