Need help with hardmod

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheHaxForU, May 29, 2016.

1. TheHaxForU
    OP

TheHaxForU GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2012
    United States
    I've got everything soldered and checked when I plug the sd adapter into the card reader and power my 3ds on it either flashes on and off really fast(blue led and backlights)
    And others it will be black screens and blue light will stay on for a few seconds then turn off.

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Check for solder splashes, make sure ribbons are attached properly.

3. TheHaxForU
    OP

Jan 19, 2012
    United States
    i checked everything. noticed the display cable was not all the way in, fix that quickly checked by holding the battery and powering it on, saw a blue screen. removed the battery reassembled the 3ds turned it on. same issue as before.... already open it up all the cables are fine now i really have no idea what to do...

4. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Can you post some pics?

5. TheHaxForU
    OP

Jan 19, 2012
    United States
    okay here's the solder points sorry for blurriness i can take another if these aren't good enough
    CMD & DAT0
    CLK

6. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Soldering looks like shit. The tip of the wire is all that should be bare. My guess is your shorting the system.

astronautlevel likes this.
  7. TheHaxForU
    OP

Jan 19, 2012
    United States
    thx, actually my first time soldering :P ive since had tape wrapped around the exposed wire.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah i have seen much worse, but if you left all that wire exposed when you closed the console up you may have shorted something, one more thing to be aware of is the noob mistake of pulling up the zif connectors and damaging them instead of just pulling them out

vb_encryption_vb likes this.