rg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

To make this easy ill start explaining:

Why:

My Wii has it's DVD drive broken and cannot be repaired, i have the connector on the main board broken so buying a new drive is also not a solution.

Setup:

To circumvent the above issue i installed Uneek on the system and managed to get it working 90%.
I have some issues where i need some help.

The steps i followed:

1. Formated an 4GB SD card to 16kb cluster fat32
2. Formated an 32GB flash drive (not a hard drive) to 16Kb fat32.
3. Used sneek installer to install uneek+di (downloaded all files from the tool).
4. made a Nand Dump with Bootmii.
5. Extracted my Nand dump on showmewads
6. removed following wads from my Nand backup: Homebrew channel.
7. re installed original miosv10 (on real nand and on dump).
8. copied Nand to USB drive root
9. created app folder on SD card and installed my apps.
10. Copied 3 wii games and 1 gamecube game (mario sunshine) to USB:\games\ in sneek format with wii backup manager and the gamecube game was extracted with discex_0.9.
11. Started Uneek.

All went perfectly my game shows up all seems perfect.

Now minor issues where do i need Help:

1. I can't use wii transfer tool, it always says an error has occurred when writing to sd card. I used a different SD card formatted in fat32 16kb with 0 data on it besides the data from WiiU that gets installed.
  2. (this may be reason for above) i'm unable to copy saves and channels from Nand to SD via system menu, i get error "file my not have been copied".
  3. i can't start USB loader GX it hangs on loading cios.

And the big issue i have is:

I can't use Dios Mios...

What i have done:

1. downloaded Dios Mios Uneek version from official site
  2. Installed as per instructions (copied diosmios.bin to USB:\sneek copied Title to nand, made sure i have BCV6
  3. when i press 1 on wiimote to the context menu i can see my game identified as GC.
  4. if i try to load the game on disc channel it does nothing, flash drive blinks a bit but i end up with a freeze on system menu.
I have tried millions of configurations some of my attempts:
Installing official wad from dios mios
Installing DML in both ways WAD and UNEEK version
Used diferent Flash drive
used other tools to extract the ISO
used Wii FLow (reboot to system menu or states "Disabled")
Used Post Loader (gives me a DSI error)
I never even get to Dios mios splash screen.

I would be very thankfull if any one can help me out on this matters, since my disk drive is broken and i can't use the official system menu....

rg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hitting my head against the walls... i have no clue on what i'm doing wrong...

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Do you need to run a Wii with no DVD drive from an emulated nand? Also, you mention your 'system menu is broken' - is that a banner brick???? I am not sure what you mean. why not install DIOS-MIOS to your real nand which should work fine, and put it down to 'one of those things'?

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a solution for problem 2 and 3.

For problem 2 there is a homebrew application called Savegame Manager GX. You even can copy copy protected games tgat the Wii normaly can't copy. Choose extract to extraxt the save file in a file that only a Savegame manager can handle or compress a save file that evry wii can handle, even virgin Wii's.

for problem 3, try the homebrew app called Hermes CIOS installer to install cios 222. plug al gamecube accessoires out and install.IIOS 222 isn't only a good IOS that let usb loader GX work, but it also grant the loader acces to both USB ports in steat of only usb port 0!

Try to install ios 249 as backup plan!

Success and sorry for my bad English.

rg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you need to run a Wii with no DVD drive from an emulated nand? Also, you mention your 'system menu is broken' - is that a banner brick???? I am not sure what you mean. why not install DIOS-MIOS to your real nand which should work fine, and put it down to 'one of those things'?

Hello,

First of all thank you for the reply.

Do you need to run a Wii with no DVD drive from an emulated nand? Yes because as i explained on my post my DVD drive and the connector on the wii motherboard are broken.
Also, you mention your 'system menu is broken' - is that a banner brick???? where did i write this?

rg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

For problem 2 there is a homebrew application called Savegame Manager GX. You even can copy copy protected games tgat the Wii normaly can't copy. Choose extract to extraxt the save file in a file that only a Savegame manager can handle or compress a save file that evry wii can handle, even virgin Wii's.

for problem 3, try the homebrew app called Hermes CIOS installer to install cios 222. plug al gamecube accessoires out and install.IIOS 222 isn't only a good IOS that let usb loader GX work, but it also grant the loader acces to both USB ports in steat of only usb port 0!

Thank you for your reply, i will try this out.

rg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Thank you for your help, solution for problem 3 did not work.

Using Uneek probably is an issue...

rg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could anyone with Uneek knowledge and Dios Mios knowledge confirm to me if Dios Mios requires the DVD drive to be connected to the mainboard while running DM on UNEEK?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you have boot2v4 you won't be seeing gc games loading on any neek setup. BootMii as Boot2 is needed to control the gc hardware use postloader v4.4.12, But you will need to download v4.4.6 of postloader then download 4.4.12, I would suggest installing priiloader as well for changing the the way your Wii boots so you can install a homebrew app to autoboot your Wii to. I would also suggest downloading a copy of PriiBooterGUI while your on the postloader googlecode page. You will however need the postloader channel as well download "plforwarder5.1.wad" install this wad to your real and emulated nand it will enable full AHBPROT access to homebrew. Download Plugins4.zip if you want it to show your roms for your emulators also I would suggest downloading themes2.1.zip https://code.google.com/p/postloader/downloads/list

So heres how we install postloader to autoboot
make sure you have priiloader installed

1.Create a folder on your desktop for working in call it "Postloader Installation".
2.Extract all archives you downloaded to the respective folders I use 7zip>Extract to "Archive Name " to achieve this.
3.Go into the folder Postloader 4.4.6 right-click the folder ploader select cut now past it into the PostLoader Installation folder this is postloader's config folder this is where dios-mios wads quadforce wads and your mios wad will go into a folder in ploader called wads but that will be explained afterwards. This is also where you will store your themes and plugins as well.
4.Cut and paste the "themes" folder into the ploader folder you just moved.
6.Cut and past all files and folders from "Plugins4" to ploader.
7.now go back to the Postloader 4.4.6 folder and cut and paste the apps folder if there is no apps folder make one put the folder Postloader in to the apps folder cut and past apps to the PostLoader Installation folder.
8.Move PriiBooterGUI to the apps folder you just moved as well or you could copy the boot.dol to the root of the installation folder and rename it PriiBooterGUI.dol so it is easy to find in priiloader.
9.now go the the postloader 4.4.12 folder you extracted and copy the boot.dol to "PostLoader Installation/apps/postloader"

10.go into the ploader folder create the folder "wads" insert dios-mios-lite for SD rename the wad files as "dml.wad"
do the same for Dios-Mios USB rename it "dm.wad"
for quad force 4.1 which is the version that replaces SD access with USB access for Triforce games rename your wad 'qfusb.wad".
for QuadForce 4.0 which is the latest SD card version for Triforce games rename the wad "qfsd.wad".
Throw your rvl-mios-v10 in the folder too rename it "mios.wad".

After you have the wads folder prepared Move the apps folder and the ploader folders to your SD Card and pop it in your Wii

start up a wad manager using the homebrew channel Multi-Mod-Manager or a.k.a MMM is great one to use. install plforwarder5.1.wad to you nand.
go to your system menu and load the channel if you did everything correct you should have a really fancy game browserif you press up on the d-pad once or twice you'll go to GC games after in the GC games browser press Home Button>Rebuild Game Cache. Home Button again> DM mode to DM Auto.
now anytime you select a GC game insalled on your usb device dm.wad will get installed load a qf game installed on SD card qfsd.wad will get installed and yes this means you can have gc games and triforce games store on both devices at the same time I actually figure this part out last night.

Now shut down your console. Turn it back on in priiloader mode by holding the reset button immediately after hitting power then go to install file not installed file after booting into priiloader look for PriiBooterGUI.dol on the root of the sd card.
after that is installed go to settings>autoboot>Installed File

now we have PriiBooterGUI installed and set to boot up at the start of the console.
Priiloader is a .app file that sits in your system menu folder renamed as your system menu .app file and points to the original one or what ever application you want to boot to at the start of your wii. also postloader is the homebrew channel replacement for neek

rg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if you have boot2v4 you won't be seeing gc games loading on any neek setup. BootMii as Boot2 is needed to control the gc hardware use postloader v4.4.12, But you will need to download v4.4.6 of postloader then download 4.4.12, I would suggest installing priiloader as well for changing the the way your Wii boots so you can install a homebrew app to autoboot your Wii to. I would also suggest downloading a copy of PriiBooterGUI while your on the postloader googlecode page. You will however need the postloader channel as well download "plforwarder5.1.wad" install this wad to your real and emulated nand it will enable full AHBPROT access to homebrew. Download Plugins4.zip if you want it to show your roms for your emulators also I would suggest downloading themes2.1.zip https://code.google.com/p/postloader/downloads/list

So heres how we install postloader to autoboot
make sure you have priiloader installed

1.Create a folder on your desktop for working in call it "Postloader Installation".
2.Extract all archives you downloaded to the respective folders I use 7zip>Extract to "Archive Name " to achieve this.
3.Go into the folder Postloader 4.4.6 right-click the folder ploader select cut now past it into the PostLoader Installation folder this is postloader's config folder this is where dios-mios wads quadforce wads and your mios wad will go into a folder in ploader called wads but that will be explained afterwards. This is also where you will store your themes and plugins as well.
4.Cut and paste the "themes" folder into the ploader folder you just moved.
6.Cut and past all files and folders from "Plugins4" to ploader.
7.now go back to the Postloader 4.4.6 folder and cut and paste the apps folder if there is no apps folder make one put the folder Postloader in to the apps folder cut and past apps to the PostLoader Installation folder.
8.Move PriiBooterGUI to the apps folder you just moved as well or you could copy the boot.dol to the root of the installation folder and rename it PriiBooterGUI.dol so it is easy to find in priiloader.
9.now go the the postloader 4.4.12 folder you extracted and copy the boot.dol to "PostLoader Installation/apps/postloader"

10.go into the ploader folder create the folder "wads" insert dios-mios-lite for SD rename the wad files as "dml.wad"
do the same for Dios-Mios USB rename it "dm.wad"
for quad force 4.1 which is the version that replaces SD access with USB access for Triforce games rename your wad 'qfusb.wad".
for QuadForce 4.0 which is the latest SD card version for Triforce games rename the wad "qfsd.wad".
Throw your rvl-mios-v10 in the folder too rename it "mios.wad".

After you have the wads folder prepared Move the apps folder and the ploader folders to your SD Card and pop it in your Wii

start up a wad manager using the homebrew channel Multi-Mod-Manager or a.k.a MMM is great one to use. install plforwarder5.1.wad to you nand.
go to your system menu and load the channel if you did everything correct you should have a really fancy game browserif you press up on the d-pad once or twice you'll go to GC games after in the GC games browser press Home Button>Rebuild Game Cache. Home Button again> DM mode to DM Auto.
now anytime you select a GC game insalled on your usb device dm.wad will get installed load a qf game installed on SD card qfsd.wad will get installed and yes this means you can have gc games and triforce games store on both devices at the same time I actually figure this part out last night.

Now shut down your console. Turn it back on in priiloader mode by holding the reset button immediately after hitting power then go to install file not installed file after booting into priiloader look for PriiBooterGUI.dol on the root of the sd card.
after that is installed go to settings>autoboot>Installed File

now we have PriiBooterGUI installed and set to boot up at the start of the console.
Priiloader is a .app file that sits in your system menu folder renamed as your system menu .app file and points to the original one or what ever application you want to boot to at the start of your wii. also postloader is the homebrew channel replacement for neek

Thank you for your reply, i will try this out today.
Just one question
if you have boot2v4 you won't be seeing gc games loading on any neek setup.
I'm on System menu 4.3 so i assume i have boot2v4. I have bootmii installed as boot2.
Is there anything else i need to do?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you have bootmii installed as boot2 and on 4.3 you are lucky all you have to do is set priiloader to autoboot bootmii and have the bootmii files for booting neek in the bootmii folder of your sd card. also note that your neek kernels and other bin files for neek like quadforce and diosmios bin's need to be located on the sd card in the SNEEK folder even if you are using uneek2o they need to go on the sd card then you should be able to do it.

I have boot2v4 so I use the postloader method I just explained and it's also perfect for those wiiware/VirtualConsole games that don't like to load off of an emulated nand through the system menu

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bootmii as boot2 means you had a vulnerable Boot1 so the hackmii installer was able to install bootmii to the boot2 slot, this setup is perfect and the setup that everyone whishes their wii could have. this vulnerability was fixed by Nintendo updating boot2 from v2 to v4. you can find out the information from the newest version of the hackmii installer downloaded from the http:///wwww.hackmii.com/ website

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also google uneek2o abjects irc the devs over there will help you get uneek2o updated to the newest beta version the beta updates are going quite well actually. They could always use more beta testers too just remember to log all of your problems that you come across in a text file and after you done testing your setup let them know of what problems you came across.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey