Need Help With Coding

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ruby Red, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Ruby Red
    OP

Ruby Red Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2008
    United States
    Brabant
    Hi GBATemper's,

Never had th feeling to post until now but at the moment I am trying to learn to code to help Team Rumble.
    But I can't find anyone to teach me the art of coding.So I hope somebody could learn me C# Or C++.
    I've already installed Flash and I really want do learn it.

Ruby

2. Noitora

Noitora ::

Aug 9, 2007
    Greece
    Athens
    Flash has nothing to do with coding as far as I know.
    Anyway there are a few people willing to teach you here.

3. Jordan10la

Jordan10la GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2008
    Canada
    Well nothign to do with C. It has its own scripting language.

4. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    the ability to call and process c modules from within flash has been around for awhile. so while flash does not natively support the c language, there are ways to inject it and make use of it. i don't really think you want to learn c# (c-sharp) to start with. you should download microsoft's visual c++ 2008 express edition, which is free. i know some people who compiled nds homebrew using that and palib. cluster actually only used those two items to make c|irc.

you can find so much free knowledge on the internet. spend a few weeks and just research c/c++ and see what comes up.

cheers,
    -another world

5. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    this is a great tutorial on C http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming

I recommend you learn normal C first, then, if you want to learn C++, C++ is just an extension of C anyway (as its name suggests!)

no need to pay for programming tools, GCC (pretty much the best C compiler) is free, and the guide I linked to above lists quite a few free integrated development environments.