Hacking Need help with black screening on a PAL GCOS game

gacibula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have a NTSC 3.2U 1.9s wiikeyed system, and every game.... originals, ntsc wii backups, pal backups, and gamecube NTSC backups work.

However, recently received a compilation of Zelda games from a friend. After burning it and testing it on my system, I came back and read the info on the torrent, and apparently it is a Pal compilation of games. I get the gamecube symbol at my main wii menu, but when I run it... it black screens.

While it is black screened it is still functional... but without a visual. I can still press A and move the selector with the D pad up and down. When I press A a few more times, a RANDOM (whatever I landed on randomly moving the D pad) will boot up, and I can 100% see the emulator and game.

The problem is... I can't see the GCOS menu.

I tried reburning, diff. types of media etc. and that's not the cause, because I ran it on a friends wii with the same chip setup etc, and we could see the GCOS menu on his wii.

Only thing that is different is the TV. His TV is a brand spankin new projection TV, and mine is a 4:3 old school TV from sony about 49" (6-7 yrs old). Is it possible that his newer TV is capable of displaying the GCOS menu in the pal resolution and mine isn't?

If the TV is the issue, is there any way to convert this game to NTSC so that I CAN see the GCOS menu?

Any ways... please help, and thank you very much!

gacibula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any thoughts... i been fidgeting around with it all day.

My friend who got his wii to work with it uses component (red blue green) with his widescreen TV. I on the other hand can't get it to work on my composite (red yellow white) 4:3 normal size TV.

Would I just need to use a main.dol patcher and convert the game from PAL --> NTSC video mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, that game seems generic