Homebrew Need help with a virgin Wii

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been searching the forum (and Googling the rest of the web), but I think my question is obscure enough that an answer will be hard to find:

Aside from the installer for HBC, what homebrew will Bannerbomb be able to load?

I know, basically everyone just installs the HBC, but I can't right now. I want to run homebrew on my sister's Wii, but she doesn't want it modded - so I'm trying to find out if there are any homebrew programs that I can run without installing anything to her system (using bannerbomb every time, preferably - she doesn't own any of the exploitable games either

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good, so I understood that part correctly

The next question is, do all homebrew programs work without cIOS? (I saw a post to that effect, but it was old enough that I want to know if that has changed)

Or, where would I find out which homebrews need a cIOS, so I know not to waste my time with them?

I really can't wait until I can get my own Wii... so much easier to just install HBC and the cIOS packages - so thanks for helping me with an unconventional situation!

mysteryperson699

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Styles420 said:
Oh good, so I understood that part correctly

The next question is, do all homebrew programs work without cIOS? (I saw a post to that effect, but it was old enough that I want to know if that has changed)

Or, where would I find out which homebrews need a cIOS, so I know not to waste my time with them?

I really can't wait until I can get my own Wii... so much easier to just install HBC and the cIOS packages - so thanks for helping me with an unconventional situation!

no. some programs like usb loaders need those CIOS if she dosnt want it modded do it any way and move the channel to the last channel page

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I wish I could, but it isn't worth the problems it would cause between me and my family when I'm found out (if they ever decide to set up the wifi and update the system menu)

(my parents freaked out when I opened Task Manager on their computer a few weeks ago, and I was only trying to fix a malware problem... there's a history with me and computers that they won't forget, even ten years later...)

I know I won't be able to use any loaders, just want to use some stand-alone programs (mostly homebrew games). I think the only programs I am interested in that may be an issue are the cheat engines - thought about taking a shortcut to unlock some things since I don't seem to have enough time to work for them like I used to back in the day

Thanks again for the help! At least I know some programs will be usable without modifying the system, so it's actually worth trying... maybe I'll make a list of the programs that work, in case anyone else has a similar situation

Styles420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to play StillAlive on an unmodded Wii, now I'm going to try to find a loader program that works straight from the SD card so I don't have to switch the boot.dol in the root every time I want to change games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E