PS1/2 NEED HELP - Where can i buy a freemcboot?

tenshinoneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help, i am looking to buy a freemcboot, i've tried for the whole morning but i haven't had any luck.... just one website in the UK, but i live in the US.

thank you in advance ^^

tenshinoneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i do it?
I am about to buy a ps2 slim (the one bundled with singstar)
I am really stupid with PS2 stuff

tenshinoneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, i got the Action Replay Max with the 16MB card it comes with. Will i need another memory card? and does it work with the ps2 slim white (bundled with singstar pop)?

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Note: FMCB installer will not boot directly from Action Replay Max. This is why you must have an AR Max EVO with the Max Media Player.
From the above quote, I don't believe it will install with the version of AR you have (don't know as I used swap magic to do my installs).

Yes, you will need an actual PS2 memory card. If you read everything, like I said, you would have known the answer to that.
wink.gif

And yes, it should work with your version of PS2.

tenshinoneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool, I should better get a Swap magic 3.6 plus + magic switch pro.

But where should i get them? like a trustworthy place ^ ^ I would really appreciate it. I am sorry for asking for too much

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess the Action Replay Max allows you to backup savegames? If yes, you only need an official ps2 memory card and one ps1 game(only once). Look for indepence exploit in the guide. The independence exploit creates a special system config file that loads the .elf file you included in the process when you start the ps2 with the memory card and that specific ps1 game inserted. I recommend to put uLaunchELF in there, but putten the Free McBoot installer .elf there should also work.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@WiiPower That would work buuuut he is getting a ps2 slim.

A swapmagic set would be better since I could be wrong but you could possibly get a slim that can't install fmcb. (does the singstar bundle come with these or not?)

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FMCB should work on PS2 slim below SCPH9XXXX
as for independence exploit, it will only work with the fat ps2.

Unless you've already bought your PS2, I would recommend getting a used fat ps2 instead. It's much easier to install FMCB, since you can use independence exploit. Plus, you have much wider range of options rather than just swap magic (which you need to buy online...) and you don't have to worry about getting an unFMCBable ps2 since all phat are compatible with FMCB

but, if you insist on swap magic, then check their website. They have a list of trustworthy retailers who are selling swap magic.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea what offers you have over there, but If the PS2 in the bundle is the slim with the integrated power supply it's not FMCB compatible....

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
there are over 50 millions PS2 consoles out there that ARE compatible with Freemcboot make sure you get one. Look for someone to install it for you locally if you can maybe post an add in free classified saying that youre willing to pay (be generous maybe half what you would have paid for swap magic/whatever you were going to buy)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?