Hacking need help setting up R4new

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean a R4? Because I've never heard of a R4new.

If it's a R4, you drag and drop whatever firmware download you have onto the cart and it works. And 1.24 isn't official R4 firmware and is terrible, download v1.18.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sharksfan19 said:
http://www.r4new.com/product-en.htm this is the R4 i have and it says to use v 1.24 i am so lost

Okay, you bought a fake then, sorry to break it to ya. However, if it's a clone, it should work relatively the same. Go to here and download firmware 1.18. Then just drag and drop the files on the MicroSD and you should be fine.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sharksfan19 said:
orginal stuff didint work fack their goes 40 bucks down the drain

Lol, the original R4 isn't even that much I got mine for around $30 (with a 1GB MicroSD, USB MicroSD adapter, and S&H). You could probably e-mail their customer service and they might help (although if they're big enough assholes to sell fake cards I doubt they'll give you a helping hand). Next time use the sponsered sites here or trusted ones (I found ModchipCentral.com to be great and I got my R4 from them, and although RealHotStuff.com had quite a mix-up with my 3in1, they had some nice customer support and fixed everything).

sharksfan19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i live in toronto i bought it at pacific mall i really dont have money and the chances of them giveing me a refund is slim to none

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
sharksfan19 said:
http://www.r4new.com/product-en.htm this is the R4 i have and it says to use v 1.24 i am so lost

Okay, you bought a fake then, sorry to break it to ya. However, if it's a clone, it should work relatively the same. Go to here and download firmware 1.18. Then just drag and drop the files on the MicroSD and you should be fine.
Actually he is wrong. Each card is designed diferently and needs different firmware to run. You download your firmware from r4new.com and unzip it. you then just drag everything to your micro sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1