Need help recovering wbfs files

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by urdead77, Feb 23, 2014.

1. urdead77
    OP

urdead77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2008
    United States
    Hello,the power board to my external hd died.So I hooked it to my pc and with disk management and right clicked the unalloced partition and did a New Simple Volume. I assigned a letter and told it NOT to format. So then I was left with a raw partition. After this I tried it in wbfs, still didn't work. Then I used WBFS to format it as a wbfs partition. I'm trying to recover my games so I tried using WWT not sure what I am doing.But now when I open the drive in Wii back up manager it shows files there but they are just crazy letters.are there any commands in the WWT I can use to fix this?

Attached Files:

• wbfs.png
      wbfs.png
      File size:
      96.7 KB
      Views:
  2. TheChield

TheChield Ugly Troll

Jul 10, 2013
    France
    Why did you make a new partition ?
    You just had to plug the HDD, assign a drive letter and use the software as usual...
    You have overwritten the allocation table, don't think this can be recovered.

3. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Try using Wii Backup Manager, see if it can read your games, if not then I guess you have screwed up.

Source

slingblade1170 likes this.
  4. GamerSince83

GamerSince83 West Coast Pimpin'

Banned
    Feb 15, 2014
    United States
    On The Wild Plains of the Interweb...
    Yeah probably shouldn't have made a new Partition u might of overwritten your Data......Try Yepi's suggestion and pray for the Best

5. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Try what Yepi mentioned, I've had a similar problem in the past and that fixed it for me.