Hacking Need help pls

thewiiman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so my girl went out and bought the GH:SH and GH:Metallica pack from the website at a discount. The reason for this is we were unable to get the microphone working by using the backup launcher. I am sure there was a fix but too much info to sift through and I didn't want to risk bricking the wii.

Anyhow, I am unable to get the retail game to play through the main launcher. It displays the banner (GH:SH) and then when I click on start I get a black screen. If I use the backup launcher to play the retail game, the game launches fine however I am unable to use the microphone.

My Wii is 3.2, NTSC, with starfall installed. I have not been up-to-date on the scene and I am just looking to be able to get this game to work. We purchased GH5 and had a smiliar issue. After installing the WAD we were able to get that to play but there was a ton of posts on GH5, and I don't see any on GHSH except for the USB loader issues.

Is there a WAD (not asking for the wad, just asking a question about its existance) that does the same thing for GHSH like GH5? I have a feeling Starfall is blocking an update which is causing it to fail but I am not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as she is on my @$$ every night about it.

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
Try loading it with backup launcher _then_ plugging the microphone in. Works with my burned RB:Beatles.

thewiiman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice...I will give that a shot. Sux if we paid all that money for nothing but if it works, and she is happy, that is priceless. Will check it out as soon as she is done playing Metroid...gotta find a way to get her off this thing....

:-)

thewiiman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tried that but no luck. It still asks to plug in the USB Microphone. I have tried it with the microphone plugged in prior to boot up, at the backup launcher screen, at the GHSH screen (with the status bar at the bottom), and during a quickplay band...no luck.

My main issue is that I am unable to launch it from the main screen. Can anyone please help???

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
if its a real retail game, and its the same region as you, then just update and play it via the disc channel. no need to stay on 3.2 these days. thats the simplest way to get it to work.

thewiiman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
if its a real retail game, and its the same region as you, then just update and play it via the disc channel. no need to stay on 3.2 these days. thats the simplest way to get it to work.

It is real retail. The reason I have not done that is a very long list but the top reason is I have heard that people have bricked their wiis after installing the update from GH5 on their wii.

I have Starfall installed which is blocking the update. I guess I will not be able to get this working for her.

The reason I am still on 3.2 is that I have not been able to understand the 5+ 'noob' threads on updating to 4.x. I posted a message back in early september asking the best way to update and, suprise suprise, no responses. So at this point, a non-bricked hacked wii (which we use as a media center for our TV) is bettern then a bricked one via an update.

But thanks for replying 0M39a.

dbneal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What CIOS are you using? I think if you're on rev10, you can't use the USB ports for the microphone. Try updating to rev14.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?